Contact advertising [email protected]

PS4 Hello we are working on our pc hosted servers and i need some input your guys playing...

• Thread starter Bettina Terpager Staal
  • Start date
B

Bettina Terpager Staal

Hello we are working on our pc hosted servers and i need some input your guys playing on pc hosted servers What rules do you like White flag ? Start pack ? Boost? Trade area ? Events ? We Got 3 maps ragnarok scorched Earth and Island server name arkybarky join and help us getting these servers rock

L

Luna Moon

White flag, starter pack not too OP but with a flyer so people can search for a good base location right away. Some taming and maturing boosts. Certainly events for people who want to do that

A

Alex Tisdell

First thing to pve or pvp

J

Jennifer Graham

The only servers that stay full are highly boosted. orp off. minimal rules and minimal admin involvement. kinda sucks but that’s my observation.

L

Luna Moon

but servers don't have to be full, just a decent population. And the people I know want ORP on so it really does depend on the people who are playing, are they more PVP or PVE oriented, are they more tribe focused or solo players......the things is you can never make everyone happy. What IS important is that if you start a server make sure they run for a while, not just one month and it's gone again. Also listen to your player base, maybe YOU want to play on e new map when it comes out but your playerbase doesn't, all things that are important when you rent a server.

J

Jennifer Graham

ok but I have been viewing the lists and the only ones that have more than a handful of people are the highly boosted ones. Idc either way what you do but I am right lol. I have had several servers and the fair boosts and orp are dead. You might get a max of 5 people. My highly boosted ones? Full all the time.

L

Luna Moon

I don't run a server ;) But I think. it is understandable people want some boosts Most players already play for a long time and don't want to spend ages over and over again punching trees to get a wooden base

J

Jennifer Graham

lol you don’t even run one? That’s like telling someone how to raise kids when you don’t have them.

L

Luna Moon

Read the post, she wants to know what people who PLAY on a hosted server like

A

Alex Beia

You'll need to decide PvP or PvE first. This will literally divide your potential player population in half. If you want aggressive free for all play, go PvP. You'll have a lot of fun, but may struggle to get events going due to random raiding.

From my experience, the "white flag" rule is often ignored and is a paltry attempt to pander to both crowds. Best off sticking to one type of play.

PvE allows you more room for fun non battle related server events such as an arena and such. Using tribe warfare during those battles ensures that only the players who are fighting in the arena are capable of hurting others, and keeps the secret raiding and bullshit away.

I own a fully PvE server, these are my thoughs.

That said, YOU bought the server, YOU set it up in a way that makes you happy, and then you will find players to fit your play style.

Feel free to message with other questions, I am at work but will respond in an hour or so when I escape.

A

Alex Tisdell

If u go pve my i suggest making sure wyverns require milk as this will limit the population of wyverns. Pve boosted servers a often laggys as hell due to the 1000 wyverns every player has becoz they are so easy to get. A player store is also a great idea. Work on a currency which i could help u with if u like. I have a great system for currency in play that everybody loves. Hmu if u like

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom