Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello people I have a legitimate request for help here, I'm a PC gamer on an extreme...

K

Kieran Turner

Hello people I have a legitimate request for help here, I'm a PC gamer on an extreme budget and I am no way ashamed of that. I have an Intel C2D 3.6GHZ paired up with 6GB RAM and a nVidia Geforce 660. My problem is that GTA V microstutters here and there, I have a C2Q Q6600 on the way so could the C2D be the issue here, running the game at minimum settings.

B

Ben Stopp

The quad cpu will make a difference but if you're running ddr2 ram you really need at least 8 Gb

D

Drew Leonard

^all of that

K

Kieran Turner

Thanks guys.

E

Enes Bungur

i was using the q6600 with 6gb ddr3 1333 mhz ram and the r7 260x 2gb gpu.Gta 5 was running without any problems

D

Drew Leonard

how long ago was that? it got some updates this year that pushed up how taxing it is on a pc (so iv heard) current games are really pushing these days for rigs to have 8gb min.

Q

Quincy Palmer

u need an 8gb ram

J

Jo van Riet

I have a GTX650 and I'm playing gta v with low/medium settings on 1366x768 at over 150fps. Definitely the CPU. When I ran it with my old I3 it was at 40 for. The GPU should hold up fine.

D

Dwayne Westcott

What....the....fuck...GTA V doesn't run well on 15 year old hardware. Fucking shocker there boyz! 15 year old hardware needs to stick to 15 year old games. You want to be a cheap fuck, That's fine. The games you can run will also reflect that

K

Kieran Turner

Think we've got a potential keyboard warrior here lads, thinks we're made of money trust me if I could afford a newer machine with newer hardware I would.

N

Nick Harrington

D

Drew Leonard

i especially liked the part where he attacked Kieran just for having an old rig. /sarcasm whats the world coming too... get a life Dwayne

R

Richard Robert Kershaw

Hello, first off check to see the maximum your motherboard can go up to with ram and increase that. You may want to look at upgrading your board, cpu and ram. You can still pick up ddr3 boards and maybe a cheaper amd cpu with ram. Many online sites do bundle sets.
Or you could look at digging in to your ini files and tweaking your settings inside the engine of the game its self like draw distance and the like. Not all graphics settings can be changed just in game.

Do a bit of research in both cases. Youtube vids and google searches.

J

Jo van Riet

Kieran, enjoy it man. Personally I don't care what you game on a long as it's a PC. I'm building a pentium 4 build for a guy tomorrow that can't afford anything else. At least he's getting into pc's.

B

Ben Stopp

Seriously though, if you can find yourself a board that has ddr3 and a couple of 4gb sticks of ram that will still take that q6600, you'll have no problems

B

Ben Stopp

They're pretty cheap too ☺

K

Kieran Turner

Thank you guys sorry for the uproar with that Dwayne dick love how he's deleted his comments.

C

Chirag Borawake

GTA V is a very CPU intensive game, so the processor upgrade will definitely make a difference. What Geforce 660 do you have? Is it GTX 660 with some good cooler? The stutters can be because of your GPU thermal throttling.

J

Josh Swanger

X5460 instead of Q6600. It takes some slight mods to install, but its stock clocked at 3.17ghz and is unlocked. People hit 4 on air and 4.7 on water.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Jeremy Fenn

Kieran Turner for future reference, you can buy decent refurbished machines for ~$180 that have an i5, at least 4GB ddr3 and a PCIe slot that you could fill with something like a 1060. If you bought the machine and started picking parts like another 4GB RAM module, SSD, and that 1060, you'd have yourself a pretty sweet rig for cheaper than trying to keep your very old machine up on newer games.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom