Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello guys last year I bought my first gaming pc my current specs are amd 8120 fx and...

D

Danik Maltais

Hello guys last year I bought my first gaming pc my current specs are amd 8120 fx and 8gb of ram with a 1060gb. Would this be a great choice if I'm looking to change my cpu? If you could tell me if you think I have to change something that would be appreciated. (Max budget is 750)

P

Péter Bodnár

Why you need a H100i for an i5 air cooling is btw a way more better, cheaper, more quiet and cooler btw.

K

Keletso Kishimoto Hiroshima

R7 1700 or R5 1600 maybe? You will save on both processor and mobo. Then throw in an SSD

F

Fyaz Bin Azam

Go for R5 1600

B

Blake Dalenko

F ryzen go intel 8th gen i5 around the same price as this

С

Стефан Стоянов

Can you give me a link for this RAM ?

B

Blake Dalenko

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Here ya go

Can't find the same ram kit you put in

H

Hector Ramirez

I have the mobo and cpu and they are great

V

Vitali Vardanidze

go for 8600k build as suggested

Ε

Ερωτόκριτος Παυλάκης

175$ for z270 can be switched for asus TUF plus gaming z370
250$ for i5 7600K quad core can be switched for a hexa core i5 8600k. Ram can stay the same and also a better or more VFM luquid cooler IF you want. otherwise this is GOOD as well!

Ε

Ερωτόκριτος Παυλάκης

people seriously suggest ryzen over coffeelake... dudes come on, stop the fanboism. ryzen was a 4/6/7th intel killer. 300e i7 7700k could be matched up with ryzen 7 1700x in single core and get thrown off by ryzen to its "knees". So far we got the 8100 that can fight up a r5 1600 in single core (gamer's need better single core performance) for a 100$ price tag (if 150-160$ 8350k for unlocked quad core power up), i5 8400 can win in gaming r7 1700 and save 50-80$ (or go head to head with 8600k). AND if you want a 400$ cpu i7 8700k vs 1800x, again both in gaming and multitask you got intel as the winner. (1700x vs i7 8700 in 320$ price tag). Amd has worse singel core perfomance (you need that in gaming) but WAY BETTER multithreaded performance (except i7 8th gen). They only negative i can give to intel is the b360/h370 cheap mobos for non-overclockers and the b350 cheap mobo count for overclockers (from AMD's part). I mean still overall you can get a 250-280$ ryzen 7 1700, oced to 4.2-4.4ghz (if possible) stable with a 100$ asus prime pro b50 gaming. while from intels point you go to a locked cpu i7 8700 and the cheapest, with no premium features (killer lan, sound cards etc etc) z370 120+$. higher prices, same (almost performance if oc is done, from AMD's Part). If you are gonna go amd cpu wait for ryzen 2 and reviews. if you are going for intel: locked cpu wait for h370/b360, for unlocked go with a decent z370.
AGAIN I REPEAT before fanboism attack! AMD has done a great job at fighting 4th/6th/7h gen intel cpus! Cheap, stable and better overall performance. can't compete with 8th gen since coffeelake was created to be a "ryzen killer"! ryzen 2 will be the coffee-killer. Until then cheers and happy holidays!
P.S. here you can check things out. Try it

A

Aaron Tyler Matthews

Yes.
Those additions are just fine and you will have a very good PC for this year and the next handful of upcoming years.
Cheers OP.

J

John Blalock

J

Justin Smith

damn with that price for your CPU go to AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

R

Robert Frisch

Either Ryzen 5 or i5 8400. Buying a dead end platform makes little sense .

L

Linus Fägerstrand

I have the i5-7600k, amazing processor btw just wanted to point that out but the H100i is probably overkill for it, i have the cooler master hyper 212 evo and it works fine, and the cooler master is like $30. Your not going to get any overclocking with the cooler master But i havn’t overclocked it and it runs good

L

Linus Fägerstrand

And the H100i is overkill even If u want to overclock it anyway, But If you want to you need a better then the Evo 212

C

Chris Krug

stay away from water cooling unless you absolutely need it

A

Aaron Tyler Matthews

I want to suggest getting an i5-7600 and a Hyper 212 Evo unless you're planning to overclock.

But if you are overclocking, you picked out a good liquid cooler.

If the thermals during max load at an OC of 800 MHz at 1.375V reach higher than 70 Celsius with that liquid cooler, you might want to consider delidding and applying liquid metal thermal paste as a fix.

There are some guides on multiple websites, and youtube in regard to doing that. But unless you didn't do well with the silicone lottery, the CPU should be stable at the OC that I specified earlier.

D

Danik Maltais

Thanks!!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom