Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello everyone! I’m contemplating building my first PC sometime this year for gaming...

L

Logan Jones

Hello everyone! I’m contemplating building my first PC sometime this year for gaming and school work. I don’t know much about PCs so I need more opinions as to the parts I’ve picked. The price ($1,603.50 AUD) worries me slightly so i need to know if I’ve chosen the appropriate parts!
Thank you in advance!

D

Dylan Shane

I have that cpu and the msi version of the gpu they run awesome together

R

Robert Clark

Solid setup,i would say fork over a little bit extra and throw in a 250gb sata SSD as a boot drive.

S

Sam Monaghan

Lotta money considering you’re only getting a 1060

P

Petr Akhmediarov

You could buy a 1070 for that price

P

Petr Akhmediarov

maybe even a 1080 but thats pushing it

L

Lewis Kiltie

That's a LOT of money for a 7600k (that has no upgrade path) and a 1060

A

Alex Martinez

What kind of school work?

V

Vincent Klein

If you’re not ready to do it now, just wait. RAM and GPU prices are stupid right now. You should be able to save a little money once the market levels out.

Not necessity, but I would highly recommend going i7-6700k/z170, i7-7700k/z270, i5-8600k/z370, or i7-8700k/z370. It should be doable for about the same budget once prices drop back down and RAM and GPUs, unless the market in Australia isn’t affected like it is in the U.S.

The extra cores/threads on the i7s and i5-8600k will be nice to have.

D

Damon Martin Jr.

Just built one for my cousin for around 1k USD and he loved it. performed incredible and can run everything on ultra easily at 2560x1080p. although we went with vengeance LPX 1x8gb, an ASUS Strix 1060 6Gb, a MasterCooler Lite 120, and Fractal Design Focus G Mini case (really easy case to work with... but had to modify some of it to fit the 120mm radiator for CPU cooler). Beautiful setup. runs games incredible, and he loved every bit of it.

S

Sam Gibbons

Well you have an overclockable "K" CPU and a motherboard that does not support overclocking, so you could change to a i5 7600 to save a few, you could also buy a windows 10 key off eBay for ~$5, and maybe look into free word processing and spreadsheet programs instead of Microsoft office. Finally you could downgrade the CPU cooler to a much cheaper one.

S

Sam Gibbons

I would also look into a ryzen 3 CPU and a b350 motherboard instead of intel

E

Erick Ingram Jr.

They have good pre builts, but if you dont build soon prices are constantly going up

A

Alex Martinez

Get samsung evo 960m2. Much faster. Pretty sig performance diff compared to hdd. Get it smallish so it does not cost too much.

S

Sander Westerberg

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

L

Logan Jones

I’ve just gotten the price down to $1174 AUD by downgrading to a 1050Ti and taking away the OS because I can just get a key of EBay

E

Erick Ingram Jr.

Over two years this is my setup minus speakers chair and desk

E

Erick Ingram Jr.

E

Erick Ingram Jr.

Ive only paid about 1200 for it all thats how much prices have went up

T

Teng Thao

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom