Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Got an MSI GTX 1080 (replacing AMD R370) and it wasnt detected by the NVIDA Driver...

P

Pat Rick

Got an MSI GTX 1080 (replacing AMD R370) and it wasnt detected by the NVIDA Driver installer. Using 6+2pin from Corsair CX500 plugged in the 8socket. What am i Doing wrong? Spent 4hrs trying, reinstalled the AMD GPU for now.

Gonna try again tomorrow hoping someone posts a solution. if not RMA will be my last resort.

T

Tanner Langridge

Not enough power the gpu maybe I know my 1070 needs both 8 pin connectors plugged in

K

Kamil Guderian Ornat

Cpu?

S

Scott Joyce

Its not enough mate, i had a 970 and when i looked at getting my 1080ti i needed a 750W PSU so you need 600W minimum

C

Carl Wingate

Definitely a power issue.

K

Kamil Guderian Ornat

Guys its not a power issue. XD

G

George Exon

Make sure you have uninstalled all the old cards drivers and software then reinstall new cards one's if that don't work then yeah I agree with others mite not have enough power.

A

Adam Reed

It wouldn't boot if there wasn't enough power. Do the lights come on on the card when you boot it?

A

Adam Reed

And do the fan spin and if they spend for how long?

G

George Exon

Any chance you can try the card in another pc quickest way to check if it's a problem with the card or something else

R

Richard Sundstrom

Nvidia..... ;)

C

Connor Jake Austin

600w psu for a 1080 is reccomended i have a 970 and its power hungry

C

Chris Hunt

Get a 750 watt psu

C

Chris Hunt

Also make sure in the correct typically top expansion slot.

J

Joe Faith

I've never use the automatic driver detector. I just pick which driver I want download and run it have you tried that?

J

Johan Coenen

Does your display work when you plug it into your motherboard? If so, head into the BIOS and disable the onboard GPU...

Should normally be auto detected, but I've seen it glitch out before...

C

Craig Kauffman

Your psu should be >900w every time 1080 exits your mouth :p

G

Grant Reichert

I just noticed that you have two monitors plugged in but not both to the GPU. When I got my 1080 I had two monitors plugged in the way you did and the card never ran but when I plugged both monitors into the card in booted up no problems the first time.

P

Pat Rick

Update:

I was a fool. The GPU came in with a CD with all the necessary driver installer. Weird that the Website does not have the latest NVIDIA installer. I DL’d the 388.43 and the CD had a .65. Thank you all for the help! I am a happy man today!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom