Contact advertising [email protected]

PC For those who play unofficial servers, what do you look for in them? What makes them...

A

Ashley Kirby

For those who play unofficial servers, what do you look for in them? What makes them good and bad? Last server I hosted failed due to the hurricane that hit my area. Looking to start up a new one with lower rates. Thinking of 5xG/T, 3xXP, 15Breed. However, I want it to thrive and not too sure what the majority of players look for. Suggestions would be great :D

K

Kerry J Nelson

Hey Ashley Kirby I have an unofficial server for me it was low ping time so it didnt lag out when it rained. And then I could set whatever I wanted for the settings. Right now I run my server at 2X on everything with no mods. I get people like to have mods but honestly I find that they can bog down the server. Also another thing for me was the cost. I was able to find a company that does a 60 slot server for 14.40 a month the Admins are super responsive they do a good job keeping you up and running. I run "The Island" on my server. And there is no one on it. So if you feel like checking it out ping me be happy to have you come in and you can check it out.

H

Hunter Folden

I make sure no tribes are obviously dominating over the others, alpha normally in my past have gotten to be aggressive of any different opinions I once had place wiped multiple times a day because I "Talk to much"

J

Jacob Curtiss

I look for higher tame and breed rates. I also look for S+ mod, AA mod is pretty good as well to ease the bullshit you have to do daily just to maintain simple things. I look for a server from 15-25 people, maybe more but usually high pop servers have more lag

L

Linnon Latham

I am open to sharing a server if you are interested. I am on with one other person. I can foot the cost (I am an die hard gamer if 35 years). Let me know. Would love to grow a small cool community.

K

Katie Esqueda

Honestly other than how the server run and how well I can play on it, I look for no drama. That's how we run the server I'm on right now. A lot of servers have a ton of drama and really sometimes there is no way to avoid drama but for the most part if you have good people who just want to play the game and don't have any other motives the server turns out fantastic.
But everyone looks for something different in servers. There is really no way to cater to everyone unless you run multiple servers. Which is rough. So stick with how you like to admin and the people who like it will stay. Its a combination of finding good people and being a good admin :) don't worry about coming and going. That's just how it is. You'll get people who are dedicated and who will stay eventually.

J

Jenifer Stout

The main things I look for is classic flyers and s+. Everything else I tend to just roll with if it's extra.

A

Ahmed Shah

well don't know about new comers but as for people who switch from official , we usually look for pretty high rates :V because we only switch from official since we have already done a lot of grinding there :V . Also as less mods as possible . Like only stack able and classic flyers does it.

J

Jacob Curtiss

Classic flyers is cool for flying across the map quickly but it's pretty broken for pvp

A

Ashley Kirby

Thanks for all of the input guys :) My group comes from a 25x server but we are tired of no grind and having an instant metal base and boss tames. However we don't want official because we can't be bothered to tame for hours on end just for a crap tame. Lol. Working on putting a server together now. I'll try it out and if all goes well then advertise and hope for the best :)

N

Neal Codere

Low rates, close to official realistic settings, not a ton of mods.

A

Ashley Kirby

Nice! That's basically what we just setup. 5 gather, 3 xp, 7 tame with a bit boosted breeding at 15. Also only 9 mods :) was a bit sad letting some mods go though haha xD

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom