Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch For my personal speculation, I think they will reveal there own "Nintendo Switch type...

J

Justin Anderson

Here is a interesting video for everyone.

M

Muhamad Syamri Rozari

Might be ps5 coming soon?

D

Derek Strickland

Highly unlikely. Sony thinks the Vita is still viable, and isn't about to jump into the rats nest that is mobile component allocation.

Sony's R&D hasn't spiked at all, which indicates they're not researching anything really new, and a new Vita would take away from the core focus of its PlayStation 4. The PS4 is the center of Sony's Games and Network Services ecosystem--it supports all of its subscription services--and a Vita would essentially take eyes away from the PS4 while potentially providing more value to certain markets, such as Japan, who love handhelds+mobile.

Last but not least, Sony is focusing on a mobile-centered initiative by releasing new games on the platform. Sony is also releasing a batch of games that combine mobiles + PS4 in an attempt to engage those mobile audiences.

A

Andrew Hoyt

If they were to announce a new handheld they would definitely need it to be a hybrid

H

Heather Ekrom

i think im not buying it. playstation has always sucked ill keep playing xbox and switch

I

Ike Michaelberg

Report was probably to drive hype. Playstation can't directly impact Nintendo at this point. Nvidia is way ahead of Qualcomm and AMD as far as middleware support for mobile chipsets. Playstation led it's user base to this idea that 4k, 60 FPS, AAA titles are what mattered most. Nintendo is focusing on fun hardware and Playstation forgot how to do fun hardware. That is why every time RFA was asked about VR he said Nintendo did the research and it just wasn't fun enough.

I

Isimi Oyekunle Mark Taiwo

It is not a portable, Sony has too much in their hands right now and Bing that will stop the flow of their market and not Nintendo's

I

Ike Michaelberg

I keep seeing a lot of people talking about a portable PS4 and I think we need to be realistic about this folks, a handheld PS4 is not possible because of the architecture. Sony could make what we have always wanted in a Playstation Laptop which will basically be a PS4 slim with a screen and a giamt battery. But moving to a handheld means an architecture change which means a loss in power (or a handheld with PS4 performance above PS4Pro price) and a loss in portability for their already divided developer base. So no way will they make a PS4 handheld or an all digital handheld or even a phone. They have failed pretty miserably at this outside of psp, which still was only successful relative for it's time. A Playstation 4 Pro is going to flood the market with used PS4 consoles so a discounted Slim is not as appealing. But ever since PS1 the community has been making Playstation laptops and I think it is time for Sony to start making them.

R

Raymond Davis

They are probably making a TV dock for the Vita...

J

Juan Núñez

Well... No Switch-like device from Sony, then. I can't say I'm not relieved.

L

Leif Johnson

Going to see what they presented

L

Leif Johnson

I didn't see anything remotely exciting from their press announcements. I don't mean to be a fan boy but, nothing sony showed interests me except ff9 but, it wasn't my favorite in the series.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom