Contact advertising [email protected]

curious if these little cpu temp spikes are okay? i am just sitting at desktop, had...

R

Richie Human

curious if these little cpu temp spikes are okay? i am just sitting at desktop, had spotify open. spiked to 53c. full water loop.. cpu is 7700k. are the temp spikes normal? just got this new setup running so unsure how hot this cpu gets. but on idle it’s bouncing from 30c to 60c and 70c if it gets any kind of load. i haven’t even launched anything stressful yet..

J

Jonathan Iniego

No pump failure?

M

Moses Dakota

In gonna go with it's the fact that the i7 7700k is a hot box, it's known to run hot

T

Tim Jelinek

My 7700k acts the same, I have read it's due to shitty thermal interface material and that delidding can help, but i just live with it.

D

David Neely

Even if you aren't applying a load, the system will. Your spikes are higher than mine though, I can run an 80-90% load for 6 hours or more and never see 60... You might have list the silicon lottery my friend. 7700k is hot by nature, delidding can drop the temps down but it's risky. I would double check the seating of the block and the thermal compound you used to make sure you've got good coverage but not to much.

H

Hans Becker

keep 70c or below.

D

David Neely

Thermal limit is like 100c... Most systems will start tripping alarms at 80 though

D

David Neely

On another note, if your big radiator isn't in push/pull mode, you should rethink the fan placement. Much rather have the fans pushing outside air in than pulling in through the radiator/case. And what's that fan at the bottom doing? Is there an opening there in the case?

D

David Neely

I can see the grating at the bottom lol disregard

S

Sean Matthew Cunado Maglangit

you're system unit is high (i mean like high af!)

Y

Yäne Cejka

So the heat spikes still exist. Should i better get a 6700k for an itx build?

R

Richie Human

runs cooler when it’s got a load on it lol. wtf is this.

R

Richie Human

bout to say fuck this 7700k and get a 7800x or 7740x. thoughts?

L

Lieth Thee Candle

can anyone help me? im running the same processor and use hwmonitor to determine my cpu temps. which should i look for? the value as package or max as package? can anyone tell the difference pls? i tend to run 3-4 games all at once on ultra.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom