Contact advertising [email protected]

Building a new pc but ram prices are through the roof should I get 16GB ddr3 at a high...

C

Callum Minshull

Building a new pc but ram prices are through the roof should I get 16GB ddr3 at a high MHz or should I opt for 8GB ddr4?

B

Braedan McNicol

Your motherboard will either support DDR 4 or 3. Not both.

R

Ragnar C Ragnar

DDR 4 is the most recent memory.

A

Aaron Moore

I would just buy a pre built if I were you, it's cheaper than building yourself at this moment in time.

V

Ville-Waltteri Herrala

You can only go with DDR3 or DDR4. You are bound to one or the other depending on your pick of CPU.

N

Nejc Devetak

Ram prices are high yeah but check GPU prices XDDD

V

Vandal Eyes

DDR 3 may be older but technically it's still better cuz that what the tech level is catered around ATM. You can get DDR 4 but you'd notice the the hole in your wallet way before noticing much of a performance difference. Plus they got DDR 6 since like 2012. Does that mean ppl hurrying to buy a $3k RAM card hell no! Hope this helps. If not YouTube ddr3 Vs 4 to help decide

J

John Brennan Jr.

I'll sell you 8gb (2x4) of ddr3 corsair vengeance for $50

S

Shane Lethbridge

I'd go DDR4. I MADE A DDR3 system and although it wasn't hard to make, it was still challenging to find decent components that all match at decent prices. Plus DDR4 has a lot more expansion off of it so you have more variety.

G

Gergel Razon

Depends on your motherboard. If your board doesnt support the type, no use in buying it

A

Atanas Stoilov

Usually people do their builds based on CPU. Changing your build to save 20 bucks for ram is something else :D

M

Michael Schwarz

I have an i7-4970, 32Gb of DDR3 quad channel, and a gtx1070 and the 1070 is my bottleneck. Don't sweat the ram, sort out your CPU and GPU first

D

David Quinn

16gb of ddr4 ram is only going to go up

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom