Contact advertising [email protected]

Boot loop. It is a pretty short one too, only about 30-45 seconds between boots. I...

• Thread starter Benjamin Alexander Wood
  • Start date
B

Benjamin Alexander Wood

Boot loop. It is a pretty short one too, only about 30-45 seconds between boots. I just moved and had my computer packed up for a couple of weeks. I reseated the ram and gpu a few times. No change. What should I try next?

Thanks guys!
Edit: solved using dual-BIOS feature on motherboard :)

J

Jeremy Crum

Back up your data once in an reinstall the OS.

C

Clifton D Endicott

Try running os repair before clean install lol reinstalling Windows isn't the first solution you should go for lol

C

Clifton D Endicott

Are you ocd at all

C

Clifton D Endicott

Try setting bios to default settings and see if that helps first

C

Clifton D Endicott

And check your cmos battery

C

Clifton D Endicott

And if you can't get in then do a cmos clear

C

Chris Aheimer

Make sure your drives are all plugged in, un plug and re plug. Check bios to ensure boot order is correct

J

John Ross Frenchman

Plug everything out drives gpu and only keep in one stick of ram in your motherboard and it should pop up change to default or try taking the cmos out had this happen to me a couple of times gigabyte h81 mobo

B

Benjamin Alexander Wood

I reseated cpu, gpu and ram, and I removed and replaced the cmos battery then cleared it using the jumper just to be sure. I even tried booting with no drives attached. It isn't getting beyond the initial startup at all. Can't even launch bios. It just flashes the one screen then shuts off and comes back on. It takes about 10 seconds at this point. :(

C

Clifton D Endicott

Almost sounds like a cmos chip is fried

B

Benjamin Alexander Wood

I think I just fixed it! Turns out my board has dual BIOS as a feature. :)

K

Kaboom Simons

have you made any changes to the hdd configuration?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom