Contact advertising [email protected]

Back story... My computer randomly restarts on me.. It freezes and I have to power it...

J

James M. Plowman

Back story... My computer randomly restarts on me.. It freezes and I have to power it off and then wait hours to get it to work correctly when I turn it back on. It froze today and my keyboard turned off. I got curious because my mouse was still on, so I unplugged my mouse and plugged it back in and it stayed off. Now it stays frozen on this screen every time I turn it on. It's an older computer and I plan on just building a new one... But for the time being, I have no clue what to do to get it to work. (I know it isn't overwatch related, but I would like to play at least more than 4 hours of the halloween event) pls help me fix this without being toxic.

A

Andre Vieira

I'm not PC expert but looks like motherboard problem. I might be wrong tho, anyways, build yourself a nice PC from scratch, by knowing how all the part works will get your future troubleshooting way easier.

M

Matthew Sartain

Do you have a cell phone plugged in, or an external HDD or usb drive? Pull them out before booting

R

Robert Ellison

PC Tech here. Lots of things that could be wrong but it's extremely time consuming to troubleshoot an issue like that via text.
Take a look at this video and if nothing works after that I'd say if you're using an old PC like you mentioned you'd be best to cut your losses and just get a new PC.

L

Luc Gallois

The DMI is for telling the OS information about your hardware, so this suggests a hardware problem (or maybe a problem with the BIOS settings).

1) First, make sure everything is securely connected. Maybe try plugging your drive into a different SATA port. If this fails continue to 2.

2) Disconnect everything you don't absolutely need to boot, make sure that everything is securely connected, take out the CMOS battery and reinsert it, then try booting it. If you have more than one RAM module, try booting with only one and then the other. If this works, continue to 3.

3) Start re-adding the components until you narrow down the problem.

If none of these work, consider taking it to someone who can actually diagnose it.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom