Contact advertising [email protected]

Any of you guys have experience dealing with Comcast and Line noise/ T3/T4 timeout...

J

John Sun

Any of you guys have experience dealing with Comcast and Line noise/ T3/T4 timeout issues?

Starting to get frustrated. Basically few weeks ago I started getting some random lag spikes, people were saying I sounded laggy in Discord.
Strange thing was, most of the time speed tests (on dslreports.com) showed no issues.
I was able to catch a few times that there was excessive bufferbloat spikes on the upload.
This progressively got worse until I got really bad lag spikes and packet loss spikes at random times and my speed dropped.
Looked in my Modem troubleshooting logs and it showed a lot of "No Ranging Response Received T-3 Timeout's" and QAM/ QPSK Timing Sync errors. As well as some T-4 timeouts.

Got Comcast techs over and they identified line noise in my upstream channel and they replaced a lot of lines.
They said they no longer detected line noise.
I still had an issue with speed, so I we thought it might've been my modem, swapped that out with a Comcast one and the speed was fine.

Fast forward a few days and here's where I'm at. I'm reading my Comcast modem logs and its still showing some T-3 timeouts.
I've noticed that the speed seems fine, however i've noticed it takes a lot longer to load into Multiplayer Arma 3.
I'd say about double the time.

I started doing some more testing and It seems like I've got some issues with my Ping spiking intermittently.
DSLreports will show a ping graph with red ping/ orange ping to different places when I test.
I was doing a ping test where it showed a plot and not just the average and it showed at least one large ping spike for every ~5-10 second test.

Anyone know how to deal with this? Anyone know why I'm getting ping spikes now?
Doing A LOT of research... It seems like this is a problem on Comcast's end... and it may be really difficult to actually convince them to fix it.
What other kind of troubleshooting can I do to pinpoint the issue?
Internet's literally been working beautifully for the past like 6 months. Started getting issues about 3 weeks ago.

Using an Arris SB6183 and ASUS RTAC66U.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom