Contact advertising [email protected]

Any idea as to why the bottom one will not run in my pc? All ram slots are good,...

B

Brandon Schultz

Any idea as to why the bottom one will not run in my pc? All ram slots are good, keyboard lights up, fans spin but the cpu doesn't goto bios and the screen doesn't light up. Using a core 2 quad core and a cm5571-br003 motherboard..

D

Donald Bouffard

There might be a hardware issue with the ram module. I ordered the full size sticks first then when I reordered, I got the slim ones. And reordered the same thing on amazon, full size ones in the picture. I have a core 2 quad q6600, 8gb of ram, and an r7 260x on a Foxconn G33M03 mobo. Its my old gaming rig turned living room PC.

B

Brandon Schultz

i got 4 of them, none of them work

D

David Kelly

They could be doa.. but they could also just plain not be compatible with the mobo

D

Donald Bouffard

It could be the mobo. What's the brand and is the speed of the ram compatible with the mobo

B

Brandon Schultz

asus essentio, the board can go to 1333 and the sticks are 1600

D

Donald Bouffard

That's the issue. The sticks are too much for it.

D

David Kelly

Mmm technically the sticks should drop to 800.... Understood plug the system, pull cmos bat for ten secs and move the jper

B

Brandon Schultz

jper?

D

David Kelly

Jumper clear cmos

D

Donald Bouffard

I have an Intel extreme series mobo that supports 3 way crossfire and sli and is still the lga775 socket. It probably doesn't support it either. I boxed it for now cause an rx480 8gb prevents it from posting.

B

Brandon Schultz

how do these look?

D

David Kelly

And see it that fixes it. If this is upgrade ram.

B

Brandon Schultz

ill try it right now

D

Donald Bouffard

It won't do anything, the only reason a speed would change is if there is a stick installed of a lower speed.

D

Donald Bouffard

So if you had 3 stick of 1600 and one of 1333, they all will run at 1333 instead of their own speeds

D

David Kelly

It doesn't hurt, to clear cmos when you do upgrades, and a mother bord will/should drop the speed in its own .. if it's not doing that then it's etheir not reading it right or it's stuck on older settings.. or the ram just isn't compatible

D

David Kelly

In this case I wanna say isn't compatible..

R

Ryan Bloch

If you're changing ram then the old timings and speed will cause it to not post. Reset cmos

D

David Kelly

Thank you.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom