Contact advertising [email protected]

A friend wants Oculus and needs advice on whether their current PC can be upgraded or...

M

Matthew Timberlake

A friend wants Oculus and needs advice on whether their current PC can be upgraded or if they need a new one.

It's a Dell Inspiron 620 pre build. When checking the specs for oculus it said the below. I guess the issue is whether it can be upgraded with new parts (motherboard compatibility, gfx card that will fit etc). That's all the info he's given me but if more is needed I can ask. If there is no chance of upgrading, any suggestions for a PC capable of running it for around £500 (if possible) would be great

I appreciate your help.

Your PC is not yet ready for Rift
Your computer does not meet the recommended system specification for Rift. Please check the results below to learn more, or find out more about Rift at oculus.com/rift.
Order RiftOrder PC

- Processor
You have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, which meets or exceeds our minimum system specification.
X Graphics Card
Your Intel(R) HD Graphics graphics card doesn't meet our recommended specification, which is an NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater. Learn more.
X Memory
You have 4 GB of RAM. You need at least 8 GB. Learn more.
+ Operating System
You're running Windows 10 64-bit, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
- USB
You have USB 2.0 ports, which meets or exceeds our minimum system specification

D

Dylan Pearce-Trinder

Sell that pc then r3 and rx 580 or 1060

D

Dylan Pearce-Trinder

And lookß at the new microsofr vr

M

Matthew Timberlake

Can you get a build like that for 500?

M

Matt Smith

Just put a 1060 or 970 in it, another 4gb ram and it's good to go. He won't however be able to supersample.

M

Matthew Timberlake

Will they work with the motherboard it will have (or even fit?)

D

Dylan Pearce-Trinder

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom