Contact advertising [email protected]

PC 7700HQ, 1070, 16GB RAM playing at 1080p. Struggling to hold more than 60FPS in the...

• Thread starter Christopher McFerrin
  • Start date
C

Christopher McFerrin

7700HQ, 1070, 16GB RAM playing at 1080p. Struggling to hold more than 60FPS in the tower, as well as getting terrible frame rate fluctuations. Any ideas why? Fresh install of Windows on an NVME drive. Changing from high to low shows no change to FPS fluctuations.

A

Alex Elward

what are your temps

J

Jake Cunningham

Check latest nvidia drivers man

C

Christopher McFerrin

Temps are mid 60's. I have the latest drivers installed.

J

Josh Schoeling

Vsync on? If i have vsync on, my fps gets really messed up, i even had to turn off gsync on my monitor

C

Christopher McFerrin

Turning vsync off only introduces screen tearing bad for me.

N

Nathan G Anderson

I have the same specs except for a 1060 but don't dip below 57 usually

B

Brock Cunningham

i can type now that ive been approved... just wondering chris if the perfromance is dipping all the time or if its only when the laptop is running on battery?

C

Christopher McFerrin

Haven't actually taken it off of power yet.

B

Brock Cunningham

ahhh, it sounds like the laptops power saving it throttling the performance, the gpu is only reaching 60 degrees which is quite cool for a laptop gpu so i am wondering if theres a setting in the bios or windows which is telling it to dial back when it hits 60

C

Christopher McFerrin

I've got the power profile in Windows set to performance as well as nvidia control panel to prefer max performance.

A

Alex Elward

power gettings -> performance 8)

R

Randy Salzwedel Jr

RX 470 here, 80-100fps in crucible, 70-140fps in campaign missions, 30fps anytime i get in or near a public event. lol

B

Brock Cunningham

hmm, it does sound like a setting you would find in the bios, you can set temperature limits, i would download and run heaven benchmark and see what frames and temps you get on that, should help to diagnose the issue

C

Christopher McFerrin

Good call on heaven. Thanks.

B

Brock Cunningham

no dramas, at least that should give you some solid info seeing as you can run it on different settings, its just good because it gives you a consistent test.

D

Dørįãn Jorgensen

I play it in 2k at 60 frames with a i5 and a 1070

C

Carl Wingate

Prolly a driver issue

D

Dillon Peterson

download new nvidia driver, will change your life....

E

Eugene Mercado

^-- That. It's being boasted by Nvidia that you could see up to a 53% boost. I'm running a single GTX1080 and get 100-144fps on a 1440p monitor (Highest settings across the board, no SSAO or DoF). Before this, I'd average 80-110fps in most areas with 144fps only occuring when I was in orbit.

Give it a try and see if it helps you out. Also, you're plugged in right?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom