Contact advertising [email protected]

Yo, soloq player looking for some tips. How do you guys make comp an enjoyable...

J

Juli Perret

Yo, soloq player looking for some tips. How do you guys make comp an enjoyable experience? I just wanna queue up on my good days, play to the best of my ability, and hope for teammates who do the same.

I flex, usually end up tanking or healing which is fine, but the 5 placement games I played today felt very one-sided, win or lose. Is that just how low elo comp is, or is this a mixture of good/bad luck? Been playing since release, but never really fully embraced the idea of playing comp til pretty much today. Played placements at the very end of season twice, that's about it lol

A

Avery Potter

I turn my Mic off

A

Avery Potter

that's always fun

J

Juli Perret

I've always just lurked voice bc no confidence in my shot-calling xd

R

Ross Twynholm

Solo Comp is never an enjoyable experience as players (on Xbox anyway) are very toxic and some players even go as far as giving you a negative reputation.

What doesn't help is people insta-locking DPS, so if playing solo always be prepared to flex, but if you feel you'd do DPS better then play what you're best at.

Theres no such thing as good/bad luck it's more good/bad communication so if you solo queue, try and get the team on voice-chat, but due to the toxicity of players I'd recommend finding people to play with regularly, rather than solo-queuing

EDIT: But seriously if you want it to be enjoyable play quick play... As comp...is well...competitive, unless you enjoy that

A

Ahmad Husaini

Just never give up that easily, or blame your teammate.

Always try to do your best and laugh at your mistake xD

E

Ellie Marku

I find solo really annoying... no one ever wants to heal, someone always thinks they’re a pro widow. Or you get stuck with guys blaming the only players not using mic’s. I’ve seen it happen so much, a group of guys complaining about the one guy with no mic in...

C

Chinbo Tu

ive soloed from low bronze to plat. i leave mics on to hear callouts. rarely say anything. fill if we need anything, and generally treat it like qp.

M

Micah Young

Shoot. Ive got the opposite problem. Ive only ever solo que'd ever since season 1 and ive been able to float around masters for awhile. I just picked up healer as my main role and thats usually how it goes. Luck of the draw from that point on

D

Darwin

i flex too hard i let people choose first

W

Will Francis

I never have any issues with people in coms
I shot call on Lucio and zen and I'm a pretty decent ana

Flexing will get you stuck - find a role you enjoy playing and lock it straight away
Only switch if you absolutely have to

D

Dennis Augustynowicz

J

Juli Perret

Getting grouped with golds again, I think that's a good sign :')

R

Rógvi Karbech Mouritsen

I play whit a 6 stack and fuck around

S

Shadee Mohamed

Tyrell Heyward

A

Alexander Wilhelmsson

BOOOOOOOSTIOOOOOOOOO

Y

Yeti Jones

Thats just all comp if you arent playing with people you know how to work with

J

Jo Peace

Once people are toxic, I mute. I try to flex, but I also try to play who I like, rather than what someone asks of me unless it's nessecary. You meet some cool people along the way.

A

Andrew Davenport

I mix between solo and duo queue on the PC, it can be hit and miss but I honestly don’t have that many bad experiences on comp anymore. From the majority of this group I see people complaining about troll comps so I assume 90% of people wanna do well, I instalock support or tank and a decent comp tends to follow. Also, I say at least hello in the voice chat before the start of a round so if people wanna talk that’s cool.

D

Dillon Holt

Well first and foremost you're playing your placements super late into the season which is no bueno.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom