Contact advertising [email protected]

Tips for aiming, especially as Tracer? But my DPSing really is quite uh, less than...

S

Sammy Bourgeois

Tips for aiming, especially as Tracer? But my DPSing really is quite uh, less than stellar as a whole. (I can confidently heal and tank at my rank, I have no confidence for trying to DPS at my rank), so I'm open to all aiming tips. By far though, Tracer is who I feel the most comfortable with as far as DPS are concerned, mostly because I like her the most so I put the most time in her, sue me :p At the beginning of the clip I'm just showing my DPI and sens.

M

Minh Hoan

your mouse sen is a bit high, reduce it down a little bit

S

Sammy Bourgeois

Because Facebook downsamples the resolution -- the DPI is at 800 on a Razer Deathadder Expert.

B

Balam Tryba-jones

sens is a bit high, but pretty close to where it ought to be (maybe work your way down to 6), other than that, it's mostly just practice

M

Mathieu Berger-Latour

Just a tip, you shouldn’t recall after a pulse. It’s much safer to just blink or walk away. Unless you did a fancy 360 divein Pulse, it’s just a waste of Tracer’s strongest ability lol

S

Sammy Bourgeois

Also guys I should say -- I don't have a lot of basic first person shooter experience. Overwatch is the first first person shoother that I've ever actually taken seriously and tried to improve at. So while I feel like I've improved quite a good bit in terms of game sense and strategy, even a bit of positioning, my ability to actually give hurt is what's the weakest right now.

But I'd like to fix that! So I'm trying to look to improve asking here, as almost a totally fresh noob ^^; (because for DPS, I pretty much am a noob).

N

Nick Rogers

Change your cross hair too thats also your problem.

K

Kale Sanchez

Turn bloom off.

A

Alex Wightman

Turn of bloom for now

B

Balam Tryba-jones

more minimal crosshairs are generally better, some people like a small circle, i personally prefer small plain crosshair

L

Linton John Davidson

Dont fucus on the aiming aspect to much mate just because someone has low settings and high dpi whatever it is doesnt mean it will work for you. for me I like to set me DPI to about 900 and my sen to about 15-12 so i can do a full 360 drag my mouse from one side of my mouse pad to the other so if a genji dashes me or a tracer blinks me im able to follow because I dont want to break my wrist trying to move a mouse with snail sen. P.S im only masters what do i know

S

Sammy Bourgeois

Silly question, can someone tell me where I find "bloom" to turn it off? ^^;

B

Braden Horn

For anyone else using this thread, use this video:

Skyline is a great channel for getting better at the game. His mechanics are nothing special, but he's an esports coach who has gotten Top 500 mostly from just game knowledge.

K

Kamil Borysewicz

I feel like your sens is okay. As a Tracer, you need to swiftly do 360s-focus on that instead of an exact value, it's not like it's set in stone or anything.

As for the practice, I'd recommend setting custom game with you vs 6 Anabots. Aim practice in practice range is, ironically, the worst way to work on your aim because training bots have hitbox size of a Rein, and as a Tracer you should focus on smaller targets than tanks.

J

Jay Filippone

How can your wallpaper move?

J

Justin Hemsley

A thing I struggle a lot with is jumping as dps characters

The jump animation is incredibly easy to track due to how the models fall back to the ground. Any mccree/widow/hanzo player that’s shooting at you has a much easier time landing headshots on you as you’re jumping.

Crouching is FAR more effective to avoid gun fire and strafing is hard as fuck to track. Keeping your finger off of the space bar in duels will almost certainly keep you alive better than even worrying about aim.

M

Marc Angelo Nogaliza Maquiling

Don't shoot at the bots but instead just follow them around and use smaller crosshair so you can be much more accurate and also shoot them in the neck because when you spray and shoot them in the head some of the bullets would fly off and you will deal less damage but when you shoot them in the neck the spray will hit them in the head and the body which maximizes your damage dealt

X

Xander Fanning

Turn off crosshair bloom, if your target is not looking at you then walk in the same direction as them and that lets WASD do most of the tracking. Find the sweet spot, especially for tracer. With tracer if you stand around 7m away it's the best range for tracking and also max damage. Practice ADAD strafing along with spamming crouch and you can do that mindlessly while in a 1v1 situation and focus on your aiming and you will more than likely win.

A

Anthony Rodriguez

Oh yes Tracer is also the only DPS I feel comfortable using. I think just experiment with sensitivity and practice deathmatch, and like someone else mentioned here, practice tracking down enemies like in that training area, just following your reticle to a bot without shooting. And you probably know this already, but a tip for Tracer is getting more damage the closer you are, but it's risky and (for me at least) requires more practice
For everyone but Widow, I'm testing sensitivity at 17.00, bloom off and the dot, but these settings are different for everyone.

K

Kim Hughes

Do you play EU? We should totally team up and learn 2 dps togeva

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom