Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch So I just got done watching the Nintendo stuff. So here are my thoughts. 1. way to...

J

John Starr

So I just got done watching the Nintendo stuff. So here are my thoughts. 1. way to many ports almost felling like the Nintendo port should be the name of the system. With that said though I thought over all what we saw today was pretty good and we know Nintendo is saving stuff for E3 with that only being about 3 months away. I was expecting to say this but Mario teenis looks like it could be a good game I may get that and I was not expecting the splatoon 2 single player dlc it looked pretty darn good.

C

Callum Stanley

Any new system gets ports for the first few years to build a library as everyone can't play every game. Most of these ports are newish games, I don't mind them charging full price because you are getting 2 versions and it was the same for ps4 and Xbox one as they both charge full price and had almost nothing but ports in their first few years.
This direct was more keeping people happy and building their libraries until e3 as last year they had a must own game every Month and they are doing the same. I know between March and July I'm going to be broke.

A

Antonio T Jennings

Yeah its like people forgot about the ps4 and xbone having constant ports as well. New games take time to develop. It takes a few years for a console to get going when when it comes to new releases.

P

PG Lomba

The Wii U sold really badly, it's just commonsense to think they'd port the good games it had.

D

Dawid Poleszczuk

Well when I said ports will ruin the console you guys were angry at me that I want it to have no games

J

Josh Brown

Ports are justified, the Wii U didn't sell and had no third party support.

F

Frank Haba

A lot of these games are now getting the audience they deserve on the Switch. Games like Captain Toad and the other ports of games from the poor selling Wii U deserve to reach the much broader audience the Switch offers instead of fading into obscurity. And there are enough new games, new content, and third party and indie support that it’s absurd to say all the Switch has is ports.

J

Juan Miguel Iglesias Iturriza

Why people think they have to have a brand new first party or aaa third game monthly? No console does this.
Ps4 and one barely had anything new during their first year.

B

Bayram J. Gascot Hernández

So, everyone was bitching that Wii U had no third party support and ports. Now everybody is bitching that it has ports.

Sorry, but ports are essential for a console. The Wii U's failure was precisely that it depended on Nintendo producing its own games, and today people arent interested in paying for a console for only a handful of IPs. People want variety, and that variety is what justifies people commiting to purchasing a console.

You dont care, you only care about Nintendo's stuff. Thats fine. However, you are not millions of sales, you, the individual you, wont make Nintendo sell consoles.

J

John Starr

I understand that wii u didn't do well but with the games it had it should have done better and its starting to fell like ever game that was on wii u is going to end up on switch. I understand it makes sinces when it comes to business but its kind of pissing me off and making me wish I didn't get a wii u. I know all systems get some remasters/ports but its starting to fell like this is getting out of control. Yes I understand that third party is important but right now it fells like ever thing is just a wii u port.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom