Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch So as youre all probably aware, the huge, multireleased Skyrim is launching on Switch...

A

Aaron Hughes

So as youre all probably aware, the huge, multireleased Skyrim is launching on Switch this friday. So heres the Question;

What RACE are you choosing?
Personally Im going argonian. So I dont need to worry about air when diving.

Heres a run down of the races, courtesy of IGN

1. Altmer (High Elf)

The Altmer, or High Elves, are a race of elves that inhabit parts of Tamriel. They are one of the ten default playable races, primarily known for their enhanced magical abilities.

+10 Illusion
+5 Alteration
+5 Conjuration
+5 Destruction
+5 Enchanting
+5 Restoration

Special Abilities:
Highborn: Regenerate magicka faster for 60 seconds.
Highborn: High Elves are born with 50 extra magicka.

*In the past, Altmer have made the best mages.

2. Argonian

Little is known and less is understood about the reptilian denizens of Black Marsh. Years of defending their borders have made the Argonians experts in guerrilla warfare, and their natural abilities make them equally at home in water and on land. They are well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their homeland, and have developed natural immunities to the diseases and poisons that have doomed many would-be explorers into the region. Argonians are creatures that can come and walk around on land but they are mainly made to be a water creature which can easily be told by their water breathing ability.

+10 Lockpicking
+5 Alteration
+5 Light Armor
+5 Pickpocket
+5 Restoration
+5 Sneak

Special Abilities:
Histskin: Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds.
Resist Disease: Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease.
Water Breathing: Your Argonian Lungs can breath underwater.

*Good for stealth roles in the past.

3. Breton

Bretons are half-elves who populate the province of High Rock. They are capable mages with high magicka resistance but have few other distinctive features. They are considered an intelligent race in Tamriel, known for a proficiency in abstract thinking, a possible reason for their adeptness in the magical arts.

+10 Conjuration
+5 Alchemy
+5 Alteration
+5 Illusion
+5 Restoration
+5 Speech

Special Abilities:
Dragonskin: Absorb 50% of magicka from hostile spells for 60 seconds.
Magic Resistance: Breton blood grants a 25% resistance to magic.

4. Bosmer (Wood Elves)

Bosmer (or Wood Elves) reject the stiff, formal traditions of Aldmeri high culture, instead preferring a romantic, simple existence in harmony with nature and its creatures. These "country cousins" of the High Elves and Dark Elves are nimble and quick in body and wit, and because of their curious natures and natural agility, they excel in Stealth roles.

+10 Archery
+5 Alchemy
+5 Light Armor
+5 Lockpicking
+5 Pickpocket
+5 Sneak

Special Abilities:
Command Animal: Make an animal an ally for 60 seconds.
Resist Disease and Poison: Your Bosmer blood gives you 50% resistance to poison and disease.

*Are good at stealth and ranged combat.

5. Dunmer (Dark Elves)

The Dunmer, more commonly referred to as Dark Elves, are the dark skinned elven natives of the province of Morrowind. They have red, glowing eyes and their skin tones vary from green to grey, and even light blue. They are known to be extremely strong, intelligent, and very quick, but are said to be ill favoured by fate.

+10 Destruction
+5 Alchemy
+5 Alteration
+5 Illusion
+5 Light Armor
+5 Sneak

Special Abilities:
Ancestor’s Wrath: For 60 seconds, opponents that get too close take 8 points per second of fire damage.
Resist Fire: Your Dunmer blood gives you 50% resistance to fire.

6. Imperial

Natives of the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil, the Imperials are well-educated and well-spoken. Imperials are also known for the discipline and training of their citizen armies. With this they were able to fight off the Redguard and control most of Tamriel. Though physically less imposing than the other races, the Imperials have proved to be shrewd diplomats and traders, and these traits, along with their remarkable skill and training as light infantry, have enabled them to subdue all the other nations and races, and to have erected the monument to peace and prosperity that comprises the Glorious Empire. Imperials have a grudge on the Khajiit. The Imperials control most ports in Tamriel and are similar in appearance to Bretons despite their darker skin color.

+10 Restoration
+5 Block
+5 Destruction
+5 Enchanting
+5 Heavy Armor
+5 One-Handed

Special Abilities:
Voice of the Emperor: Calms nearby people for 60 seconds.
Imperial Luck: Anywhere gold coins might be found, Imperials always seem to find a few more.

7. Khajiit

Khajiit are one of the humanoid races which inhabit the continent of Tamriel, primarily their home province of Elsweyr. The Khajiit, along with the Argonians are referred to as the beast-races of Tamriel. They are one of the ten default playable races, and are known for their natural agility and stealth.

+10 Sneak
+5 Alchemy
+5 Archery
+5 Lockpicking
+5 One-Handed
+5 Pickpocket

Special Abilities:
Night-Eye: Allows player to see in the dark, permanently in skyrim
Claw Attacks: Unarmed attacks do 15 Damage

*Excel in stealth roles.

8. Nord

Nords are a race of tall and fair-haired humans from Skyrim who are known for their incredible resistance to cold and even magical frost. They are enthusiastic warriors, and act as soldiers and mercenaries all over Tamriel. Eager to augment their martial skills beyond the traditional methods of Skyrim, they excel in all manner of warfare. They thrive in the cold, reminiscent of their native Atmora, and are known as a militant people by their neighbours. Nords are also natural seamen, and have benefited from nautical trade since their first migrations across the sea from Atmora. They captain and crew the merchant fleets of many regions, and may be found all along Tamriel's coasts.

+10 Two-Handed
+5 Block
+5 Light Armor
+5 One-Handed
+5 Smithing
+5 Speech

Starting Spells:
Nordic Frost: 50 points Frost Damage on touch
Woad: Shield 30 points for 60 seconds on self.

Special Abilities:
Battle Cry: Target flees for 30 seconds.
Resist Frost: Your Nord blood gives you 50% resistance to frost.

*Are good at warrior type roles.

9. Redguard

Redguards hail from the province of Hammerfell. They are a stocky, powerful race that are known to be extremely quick and hardy. Legend has it that Redguards are innately more proficient at weapons than any other race. They are excellent in all arts concerning blade and shield. They have descended from a long line of warriors and mystic seers.

The most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel, the dark skinned, wiry haired Redguards of Hammerfell seem born to battle, though their pride and fierce independence of spirit makes them more suitable as scouts or skirmishers, or as free ranging heroes and adventurers, than as rank and file soldiers. In addition to their cultural affinities for many weapon and armor styles, Redguards are also blessed with hardy constitutions and quickness of foot.

The main religion of Hammerfell is a type of religion mixed between ancestor worship and a nine divines type religion.

+10 One-Handed
+5 Alteration
+5 Archery
+5 Block
+5 Destruction
+5 Smithing

Starting Spells:
Adrenaline Rush: Boosts Agility and Strength.

Special Abilities:
Adrenaline Rush: Stamina regenerates 10x faster for 60 seconds.
Resist Poison: Your Redguard blood gives you 50% resistance to poison.

*Excel in any type of combat, make excellent warriors.

10. Orsimer (Orks)

The Orsimer (more commonly known as Orcs), are the sophisticated barbarian peoples of the Wrothgarian and Dragontail Mountains. Though they are common in the walking city of Bosmer kings, Falinesti, and in other great cities throughout Tamriel. They are in-fact elves or mer, hence the name Orsimer, meaning 'Corrupt Elves'. They are noted for their unshakeable courage in war and their unflinching endurance of hardships. In the past, Orcs have been widely feared and hated by the other nations and races of Tamriel, but they have slowly won acceptance in the Empire, in particular for their distinguished service in the Imperial Legion.

+10 Heavy Armor
+5 Block
+5 Enchanting
+5 One-Handed
+5 Smithing
+5 Two-Handed

Starting Spells:
Berserker's Rage

Special Abilities:
Berserker Rage: You take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds.

S

Shane Williams

Nord, and straight to the college of winterhold!!

J

Jaime Bland

Which is best for hack n slash and can be played 3rd person.

J

Jeffrey M Batson

Khajit and Breton’s are my
Go to

D

Daniel Koutavas

I’m going with a Breton this time. I want to test more magic.

H

Honzo Caputo

Never played Skyrim, Debating on getting it.

J

Justin Basso

If I do get it I'll go Nord or Ork

J

Julian Peña

I usually go Khajit and RP a bit. Might stream it some hilarity can ensue.

J

Jarod Peterson

Argonian or dark elf

S

Stuart Derek

Khajit fisty archer dude!

D

Duane Howard

Im gonna get skyrim vr for ps4 id rather that than a portable one

M

Mark Motley

Khajiit most likely? I like playing rogues in DnD so probably go with a similar build

K

Kyle Joseph Bradley

I have over the years played multiple of every character except for Argonian because I find them useless, there is not time in the game where diving for long periods of time is useful, plus in the Solstheim DLC there is armor you find that gives you that ability

J

Jovan De Leon

Nord. They just look too fucking bad ass compared to other races. If not Nord, Dark Elf

R

Robert Polizu

Either wood elf or dark elf.

J

Jovan De Leon

Also because the Nords are racist against non Nords and talk shit to you if you're not one of them.

T

Tim Hicks

My first playthrough I was a dark elf, second playthrough I was a wood elf, I think I'm going either argonian or khajit for switch.

C

Chris Wilkinson

Never really played it much in the past. Def gonna get it for psvr. Prob end up getting switch to

S

Samuel Feathers

Nord sounds good because I'm good with two handed weapons

C

Chris Minster

The race doesn't matter much at high level. On my PS4 saved game my khajiit is as deadly with magic as he is with a bow. Lvl 149 one shots most anything from stealth.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom