Contact advertising [email protected]

Ryzen 1600 or I5 8400 ? Gaming only ( as I know 1600 would take lead on bonus...

C

Chris Hurley

Ryzen 1600 or I5 8400 ?
Gaming only ( as I know 1600 would take lead on bonus activities but I want it mainly based on gaming at this stage )
Best value for money
Will be making my computer soon and I have not used AMD in years and now coffee lake is out I'm hoping more experienced people can weigh in.
Are ryzen reliable and a safe bet, is coffee lake at the 8400 level worth investing in with there new motherboards ?
I will be matching either chip with a 1070

Opinions are appreciated

T

Tanzim Iftekhar

Same question here.i also want to buy i5 8400 but with this there is nothing but the z370 mobo.the price range of z370 is very high.so that,should I go for ryzen 5 1600 with asrock AB350 pro4 mobo?

S

Shibnath Maji

I don't know much about coffee lake, but Ryzen is definitely a reliable and safe bet. A 1600 paired up with a 1070 is definitely a good combo and also less costlier.

Search for benchmarks in YouTube and see for yourself.

M

Michael Orpilla

pure gaming all the way to i5-8400 it has 4 ghz boost clock best for gaming sub $200 right now

C

Craig Ferrie

8400, fresh release already shits all over ryzen in price/performance in gaming.
I too was in your shoes, wanted a ryzen build. Bought an 8400 this morning. Happy chappy

P

Paul Turton

8400, you are getting 7700k performance for a lot less

Y

Yuhan Dong

I have 1600 idles at 40 and overclockable unlike the i5 plus cheaper motherboards on the amd side i sound like a fanboy i know but i own the 1600 and its great

S

Shah Iwan

How much i5 8400 ? In malaysia not release yet

S

Simon Hazel

1600, same price but 2 X the thread count, plus you can squeeze more performance out by overclocking

R

Ronald Severt

Coffee lake

Γ

Γιώργος Γιαμακίδης

i5 have better benches

C

Chris Hurley

Ok here is a follow up as I have been reading the comments and YouTube ect

Down the line scenarios , with a 1600 I'm told when the second gen of ryzen comes about I will be able to upgrade without the use of a new mobo

I5 8400 on the other hand allows me to upgrade to a 8700k which is great ofc but after that where is it going to go

Now is it worth settling for the 1600 now to get a possible second gen upgrade later
Or still go Intel to get that 8700k

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom