Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Question about Nintendo's future of charging an online subscription Do you plan on...

B

Bill McCaffity

Question about Nintendo's future of charging an online subscription

Do you plan on purchasing the fee to play online?
Will your answer depend on the price and content?

It will depend on how much Nintendo plans to charge.
But more likely than not
I will probably end up purchasing it.

I've never been much of an online player.
But with Nintendo's line up of games.
I am certainly considering it.

Mario Kart 8
ARMS
Splatoon 2

These are all games that have
Or will have a solid online community.

And I most certainly want to be a part of it.
That's speaking highly of Nintendo's addictive games.
As I am not the most social of people.

N

Nate Schulz

I might get it, but for now I don't have a need for it since I really only play online with friends and none of them currently have a Switch.

But, if a version of Smash Bros comes out for it that has a stable online service and leaderboards, I could get into that.

Or if GameCube games in Virtual Console somehow have online, that could be cool to try too. (StarFox Assault online would be a great replacement for COD, for me anyways)

J

Jessica Brantley

I could've written this too. I am not much of an online gamer. I prefer to play solo more often than not. The switch changed that for me. I had a blast during the ARMS test punch and Splatoon 2 is a day one game for me.

R

Robin Reed

Would I need the online service if I only play alone? I'm not much interested in playing online. I tried the Splatoon test on Wii U and was killed faster than I could do anything.

T

Tony Billingsley

I plan on subscribing. Word is $20-30 and closer to the $30. Depends on how much I play Nintendo online. Haven't done MK8D online yet. Do plan on getting Splatoon2 which would be the main one I would play online. And since my last console was a Wii and I found out about Monster Hunter when the servers were going down, I don't know much about it but just got a WiiU with monster hunter so fixing to try it out. Those are the 3 games I would play online. Also looking forward to seeing what the free game from NES/SNES is and what they do with them.

T

Timothy Murphy

I plan on subscribing.
It's cheap and supports nintendo.

B

Brian Schuyler

It's a definite maybe...lol

J

Josh Watkins

Price isn't as big as a deal for me as much as actually using the online gameplay. I'd be interested in a pay-as-you-go plan, where you could pick up a month here or there. Or if there's a one-time yearly price for a relatively cheap amount, that might be enticing.

S

Steven Mabee

I'm still wondering how they are going to handle in game chat....I need more information before I say I will or won't sub for the online service.

T

Todd Haley

Splatoon is one of my favorite games. So nintendo has me by the balls for splatoon2 haha good thing the service is supposed to be dirt cheap

R

Ryan Morrison

Hopefully they will reveal full details at E3. So far, no I won't.

D

Derek Beattie

Well see after e3

K

Kenny Kuang

I'm not much of an online player either but yet I purchase the PS and Xbox live every year that I own them. Nintendos online will be less than half of the other guys so yes I will be buying it.

K

Kirk Nelson

It honestly all depends on how quickly a SSB comes out for it

A

Aaron Briggs

I doubt I will subscribe because I am not really a online player unless they add actual features worth buying it for. I wouldn't buy Xbox or psn either if they didn't have actual features attached to it beyond just MP. I think a fee makes sense I get really annoyed that people are bitching about it, apparently no one understands maintaining and investing into a complete infrastructure for millions of gamers 24/7 is damn expensive.

S

Steven Mabee

I just watched Spawn Wave's video on how the chat is going to work with that mobile phone app....nope, not subbing until the incorporate native voice chat.

T

Timothy Murphy

I like the inline voice chat solution they came up with. I have a wireless headset that will work perfectly in console mode.

S

Spencer Miller

I'll pay for online. It's supposed to be cheap and I play plenty of Mario kart and Tetris online and I'll probably play lots of splatoon and arms as well.
Although the way they are handling voice chat is dumb

E

Eric Wynne Ho

I am a Single Play guy...... :p unless there are FF/DQ online....

R

Radon Emptage

But why though? Why does this have to exist?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom