Contact advertising [email protected]

Ok newbie here , don't roast me to hard. What are the benefits of water cooled over...

J

James McCrackin

Ok newbie here , don't roast me to hard. What are the benefits of water cooled over fan cooled or vise versa ?

G

Ghevi Sartor

Fan: easy to install, cheap, good performance if cooler is big (noctua hd15 is huge but it beats the h100 aio) but can be loud. In my case is not very "loud" but wind in the case makes a gniiiiiiiii annoying sound at full speed.

aio cooling: easy to install, not so cheap, the pump can fail, the liquid can leak out, silence.

Custom loop: can be expensive, hard to get and install, supreme cooling performance.

Phase change cooling: expensive, it use the refrigerator sistem to cool, very expensive

The other one is when all the component are immerse (almost) in the water/mineral oil but not for normies

R

Richard Sanders

well for a start many feel water cooled systems look better, personally I wouldnt touch water cooled sometimes they leak

B

Ben Joslin

Watercooling is quieter and alot more effective
Good aio are great also. Avoid thermaltake ones.

Its more expensive but you can push the overclocks alot harder and still stay cool. My 1080ti is clocked to 2138mhz (can go higher but starts to get coil whine) and sits at 36 degrees after a half hour stress test

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom