Contact advertising [email protected]

My brother wants to upgrade the GTX 960 2GB I gave him up to the GTX 1050Ti for $200...

C

Calvin DiBartolo

My brother wants to upgrade the GTX 960 2GB I gave him up to the GTX 1050Ti for $200 CAD (basically 1050 2GB price). I'm not convinced this is a worthwhile upgrade, but he feels that in games such as PUBG the extra VRAM will help stabilize his framerate (which he has no objective numbers for). Any advice? He plays a lot of Resident Evil 6, PUBG, WoW (maybe? idk if he gave that up), and other games. His screen as far as I know is 1080p at best. He has a 3rd gen i5 not overclocked. He says he has stuttering issues once in a while (sounds like swapping) and the game sometimes takes quite a while to load visual objects like walls, doors, etc. (which he can actually take advantage of accidentally, as it sometimes allows him to walk through doors and walls which sounds like his harddrive can't keep up)

I've personally never had that issue and we don't live together so I can't confirm, but I did catch him running into walls and doors in the school so he definitely can't see them (actually got us killed by the zone), but with an NVMe primary and SATA SSD secondary, 32GB of RAM, 10 core xeon (6 cores occupied running a webserver) and a GTX 1080 I've never had an issue where things didn't load up properly. CPU bottlenecking yeah, frame drops are a b**** for me. But where should he start with upgrades to get the best experience for minimal cost? Personally I think an SSD would be the most cost-effective.

C

Calvin DiBartolo

correction: 1600x900 is his screen resolution

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom