Contact advertising [email protected]

I just did my Competitive Placements. Won every game excluding the first one and STILL...

F

Felix Laplante

I just did my Competitive Placements. Won every game excluding the first one and STILL ended up in Mid Silver

J

Jacob Amaya

F

J

Jo Peace

F

R

Ryan Machado

I made a new acc did my 10 placements and hit diamond... I heard it’s based on personal performance?

C

Camren Matthew Kirkland

Isn't your placement based on how gud you were?

S

Stevie Ronald Knox Massey

i lost 2 (the first and 3rd placement matches) and won 8, i played D.Va for a few of them and mercy in the rest of the games. i had finished the ges today and got placed high silver (around 1724 or so) then won a game so im up to around 1749 now.

J

Jo Peace

It's all based on performance. Yes, wins matter, but the majority matters on performance. I was 2/8, and still placed 3300 last season because every match I had little deaths and whatnot. But also remember, whatever you ended last season, unless you were GODLY those 10 placements, then you won't get much higher unfortunately :/

K

Kenny Alt

It's based on your past elo. Elo hell exist because of many reasons and that's one of them

M

Mathieu Berger-Latour

It’s performanced based.
My friend ended last season at SR 800 and I placed his account 1600 in an instant.
You have to outperform the people in your rank

J

Josiah Dallago

here we go again

J

Josiah Dallago

I accidently placed GM in my placements, lost all my matches

K

Kieda Hunter

I won 7, lost 2 and had a draw. Got placed in high plat. (2940sr)

I

Ian Christian

This again? How do you still not realise placements isnt about wins?

A

Arthur Ratliff

Rio

K

KX Hooi

The game puts u in that sr is because your performance isn't good? The wins doesn't matter. The more work u contribute in the game can help u get higher rank

J

Jackson Turner

It's performance not wins

L

Levente Sipos

7 or maybe 8 lose, still 2200+

A

Aries Viera

I'm wondering when people are going to take a moment to educate themselves on what the placement matches do... Before complaining. The information is out there...

It's not so much about wins and losses ( to some degree it is) but mostly your seasonal average weighed with your personal performance. If you started silver and ended mid to high gold them chances are you'll end up in high silver low gold.

They want you to climb. If you feel like you deserve a higher rank, prove it by reaching that higher rung on the later by climbing.

Season 7 I ended with a career high of 2.8k (2.6k sr from last minute throwers) going into season 8 I was placed high gold and only had to win my next match to get back into plat. I ended season 8 with a slightly higher 2.8k career high. I stopped playing after the first few days of the new year event because I've been traveling so my season has ended at 2.6k again. ( I've been in and out of plat all season until I list 100sr from two disconnects in a row. Also monster hunter came out)

My skill probably has not vastly improved/ deteriorated so I'll likely be placed high gold low plat or if I'm lucky mid plat ( been trying to reach diamond since season 6)

Even if I lose all 10 games of placements on Monday( when I finally go back home) I'll likely be put in high gold. Because my overall performance will show for itself, as is the case for everyone.

Don't feel salty about your placement. You probably earned it more than you realize.

M

Maxy May

Sad

A

Asad Raza

If you win all your games against silver players that doesnt mean you deserve to be in platinum.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom