Contact advertising [email protected]

I have a bit of a dilemma, recently I got some more Ram and upgraded from 8gb to 16gb,...

S

Santo Bencich

I have a bit of a dilemma, recently I got some more Ram and upgraded from 8gb to 16gb, for some reason my pc starts randomly turning off, as far as I can tell it only turns off once every day, I typically play for about 11-13 hours a day and I've had my pc for about 4 months.

From what I've read about this issue the possible issues could be my CPU overheating too quickly, which I've checked off to not be the issue, my PSU having an inadequate amount of wattage to support my parts, again I've checked these off, or my PSU could be dying.

I am so confused on what is happening, if anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated.

W

Wayne Eiman

maybe one of ur ram sticks is faulty

N

Nathan Johnston

When you up graded, did you still use the old sticks with the new ones? And are they the same?

K

Kyle Pacheco

11-13 hours a day that's crazy lol no work or school? Must be nice

Z

Zade Keys

Pretty much impossible for the additional RAM to be putting too much straing on the PSU. Prob PSU is dying. Sync your PC & phone/watch, then when it crashes, write the time down. Once back online, check the Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System for Errors just before the shutdown.

This is the smart mans way of seeing what is going on, also helps if you don't have spare parts to do a process of elimination with.

B

Brian Bresse

I would go and grab something like hwmonitor or something that can show you temps and voltages for every part. Then log everything as the day goes on. What is your psu btw?

G

Garrick Schull

11 hours a day? Jesus dude you need to get yourself a job

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom