Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I’m sure I’m going to get crap for this but let me start by saying I’m a hardcore...

• Thread starter Michael Skiathitis
  • Start date
M

Michael Skiathitis

I’m sure I’m going to get crap for this but let me start by saying I’m a hardcore Nintendo fan. I held out with the Wii U and waited fir the switch. I love the switch, I’m so happy with the success it’s had. My family loves it, however I’m so tired of all these ports. It’s ridiculous. It seems like a sleazy way to make money without having to produce new games. I know indie Games are a big deal as well but most are lame to me. Most digital and indie games seem cheap and quickly put together like something you would get on a mobile device. It’s starting to feel like the Wii U again with the huge gap of time we have to wait to get actually new solid games. I don’t expect Nintendo to pump out games like the x box or ps4 but it’s just not enough. Maybe I’m just old school and not use to digital or indie games. I really hope Nintendo hits a home run with E3 this year. Anyone share any similar thoughts?

J

Jess McDonald

Only thing I can say is with the Wii U, there was a large gap of any good games for it, at least for me. In less than a year, I've gotten more games than I did when I had the Wii U from day one until I traded it in for the preorder for the Switch. The only good reason I can see is for the people that didn't have a Wii U and now have the Switch, the ports could possibly sell more than they did on the Wii U since it's a bigger market.

M

Memo Memo

Well Kirby is a brand new game and looks Amaaazing.get that if u don't like ports

F

Frank Haba

Nintendo averages about one “new” release per quarter. We got Super Mario Odyssey for holiday and we are getting Kirby Star Allies now and Mario Tennis Aces in June. All new titles. They will drop that Yoshi game in August probably and then we will get the new Smash for the fall/holiday. All new games. So...

J

Jeffri Tjin

If you held out Wii U for Switch, I don't know why you don't want Wii U ports. I'm personally happy with all the amazing Wii U games coming, since I missed the whole generation too. It's a good way to fill the catalog quickly too. As for 3rd party ports, it's good for those that don't have other console (again, me).

As for new games, they seems to producing it at the same pace as Wii U generation, except now we have Wii U ports to fill the gap between new releases.

D

Dawid Poleszczuk

Yes I do think similar. Even more - the ports ruins the market. You know, companies nowadays wants only money, so they release ports as it's ready product. The bad thing is they will keep doing this, because people greet these ports with open hands - just take a look at skyrim for example. It's been everywhere already, on sales for literally cents, yet they rip you 60 euro for it... And what? People are happy. They are happy they can pay for this game that has been out for exactly 7 years on every system and dirt cheap. People are demanding more, more ports. That only gives the companies green light to release crap - everyone will be happy anyway.

L

Luke Lovelock

In fairness your to blame. You didnt buy the wii u. So you didnt buy the games. Now with a bigger audience they ate te releasing to recoup tbe developer costs.

B

Bram Thy Devourer

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Its been 20 years since I owned a Nintendo system but the games that are out right now and the games that are coming out will keep me busy for months. Imo its the opposite and the line up of games is insane. Ofcourse for long time nintendo users ports are inevitable.

A

Angela Goodall

Tired of the ports? Don’t buy them. Simple.

T

Tristan R. Baldoni

Ports are fine. More games the better. Especially Wii U it opens up those games to people who didn’t have that console.

A

Ally Valdes

I don't play them either. Tried and don't find myself interested.

J

Josh Brown

Nobody bought the Wii U, so Wii U ports are justified. The Wii had shovelware galore, and the Wii U had almost no third-party support. I don't own an Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, or PS4, and my PC can't run most of these newer games like DOOM, so I'm happy with any Wii U ports, as well as third-party ports that other systems have also gotten. I say bring on the ports!

G

Gregory Brown

They're games you haven't played. Why is this a problem?

M

Mike Lynch

I think we’re seeing it port heavy cause nobody wanted to take a chance on the switch after the Wii U. Now the 3rd parties are behind and pushing ports to get by for now.

M

Marc Re Percussion

Don't think of third party multiplats as ports
South Park
Crash etc

Just late 3rd party releases

J

J.D. Hall

I skipped the wii u as well and I'm glad they are porting the good games to the switch

N

Nicholas Taylor Barnes

I feel that in a way. I do however like a lot of the ports as I want to play the switch more and most of the ports are games I have never played such as resident evil and world of go and bulb boy etc. But I do kinda not like the little 4-9 dollar games that look kinda similar to other games but arnt the actual thing

D

David Paul Heal

It isn't sleazy when a large portion of their fans never played them. I have always loved Nintendo and it broke my heart skipping the WiiU. I could not be happier that Nintendo decided to make it up to their fans for the flop the WiiU was. They also used them smartly to quickly build an impressive library with a brand new and unique console. It was brilliant. I for one am extremely glad they didn't punish fans for skipping out. I finally got to play Mario Kart 8 (my personal favorite franchise) and now Captain Toad and others. I think it's a nice gesture and smart given the success of virtual console.

B

Bayram J. Gascot Hernández

You have no idea how the industry works, then.

G

Gabriel Weathers

“It’s starting to feel like the Wii U. I didn’t buy a Wii U.”

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom