Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One Hi guys, looking for some help from someone experienced with hosting a server /...

C

Cory Harper

Hi guys, looking for some help from someone experienced with hosting a server / knowledgeable about server settings.

I will be hosting a server through Nitrado once it releases on Xbox at the end of the month. I want to run a server with decently boosted resource collection, but low enough that raids are still considered a costly endeavor (Trying to circumvent people wasting c4 on stone bases, etc.) (Suggestions on rates that are reasonable but not ridiculous?). I'd like pretty much base character/dino stats with the exception of weight (Suggestions on how much to put weight up by? Should I just make it infinite?)

Planning on it being 24/7 PvP but also wanted to ask if anyone knows an ethical way to tell large metal tribes to not wipe the noobs on the beaches without a full on admin intervention in PvP. I think the lower rates will help, but any large enough tribe can mill the resources out. I could also possibly limit tribe size to help. Any experienced answers to those sorts of questions are welcome. I would like to avoid ORP if possible, I have first hand witnessed how many trash bases get left over because of it.

Lastly I was thinking about doing server wipes on a set period of time to keep things fresh. Is that a good idea? I believe it's more common practice on PC servers but not that common on console.

Anyway thanks in advance for reading this long winded post and for any partial / full answers to my questions! If you need more information feel free to ask.

A

Andrew Clay Nelson

Weight shouldn't be infinite try doing a 15% increase from base. And just wiggle with it. If you want it to be a costly raid do a 4x resource gathering. For the wiping designate someone just for clean up. To either take and destroy leftovers or hell use it. If you want to avoid big tribes raiding stone tribes. The best bet is to make it explicitly clear there will be severe consequences for raiding smaller tribes. ,

C

Cory Harper

I'm just afraid that if for example I do 4x gathering people will say wright increase is too low because they'll get overencumbered too fast

A

Andrew Clay Nelson

At 4x with a 15% increase from base on weight they may tell you to increase it but it slows down the process of people getting to big to fast and thus wiping your stone tribes.

K

Khal Möhle

How about doing something rather famous Yter are doing with having structure resistance lower on the week (more explosives needed to raid) and higher on weekends (lesser explosives needed)?

B

Ben Grishaber

Up your structure damage a lot so it Takes like 15 c4 for a metal wall trust me makes pvp way better

B

Blake Perez

Ark always favors the raiders. C4 is quick and easy, turrets are harder. Although it may be limiting, unlimited weight (IN MY OPINION) is just silly. Stuff takes time. Our server has x5 for players and x8 for dinos. It's plenty of a boost. We also do zero structure damage during the week. This prevents raiding during the week days. Sadly, there is no setting to help players who don't know pvp. Inexperienced players are the majority on ark. A large knowledgeable tribe will always be king there is no setting that can limit them. Heck, a tribe of 2-3 who know what they are doing and have the time can be king. But x4 gathering is a real grind reducer and we use that. We use x6 xp but I'd also say that x4 is good. We have turrets set at x2 which helps defense. Do not increase dino health(IN MY OPINION) it way way over favors raiders.

C

Cory Harper

So I tried the 15% increase in weight on a 4x gathering and it seems a little overburdening, they get an extra 1.5 pounds per level in weight but pick up 3 more pounds of stone. Am I doing something wrong or do you guys think that's fair weight?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom