Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi all - I am planning to buy a Kingston SSD 120gb for my pc and wondering how to...

K

Kyrie Jenner

Hi all - I am planning to buy a Kingston SSD 120gb for my pc and wondering how to easily install OS on it. I have my OS on my HDD I am scared as this will be my first time doing this. My friends told me that I need to reformat my HDD but I have my important files in there, I don't have any external HDD to back it up. Can someone help me? Thanks alot! :)

K

Kyrie Jenner

**also what is your recommended brand for SSD?

M

Mark Holmes

Dont go Kingston haven't seen many great reviews

M

Michael Richard Matovcik

I bought a Samsung 850 500gb for like $100 on eBay. The Samsung migration software was awesome to use.

I did have to uninstall all the games I didn't want to go onto the drive, but that was just a day or two of redownloading games which isn't too bad.

I'd recommend getting at least a 240gb as with any ssd they use over provisioning to prolong the life of the drive so you usually get 10 - 20% less of the drive's actual capacity.

I have games like wow, GTA, and starcraft 2 on my ssd and it's so much better on games with long load times. No longer taking three minutes to load into Dalaran is awesome.

M

Michael Richard Matovcik

And as far as just installing the OS separately to the new drive would be fine. heck if something happens to your SSD and it shits the bed, you can boot from your HDD and troubleshoot from there. You lose that small amount of space on your HDD but the security of redundancy is always nice to have.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom