Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey I'm having a issue with my pc that is about to me freak out. I have an intel i7...

• Thread starter Kevin James Contratto
  • Start date
K

Kevin James Contratto

Hey I'm having a issue with my pc that is about to me freak out.

I have an intel i7 5820k msi x99a raider 16gb ddr4 Kingston hyper x ram 4x4 sticks with a gtx 1070 and water 3.0 thermaltake liquid cooler aio.

OK so today I got a nvme ssd(Samsung evo 960 250gb) and put it into my computer. I booted my pc after the install of the m.2 and now I have no bios or post on my pc when I just used it before I installed the m.2.

I figured taking the m2 out would fix this issue but even without the m2 ssd my pc has no post and no bios. I don't know much about bios updates but I did my homework and the final answer is that it was compatabile and would work on my pc without changing settings besides bios boot order.

Thanks in advanced and again I have no bios

M

Matte Bigelow

Damn that sucks i was gonna get the same nvme soon.

K

Kevin James Contratto

I think I fucked up by buying mine used off someone. Idk if they ever reformatted I just figured it would be like any other hard drive. Now I have no post no bios and no uefi bullshit thinking my mobo crashed

K

Keiyam Keiyam

Did u do a bios reset ?

V

Vincent Klein

That’s literally not possible. What is possible is that you could have damaged something.

Have you tried mashing delete when you turn it on to try and get into bios? Have you removed you RAM and re-inserted it? Have you tried a bios reset like mentioned above?

I have the exact same NVME drive. You did something wrong.

B

Brian Rochefort

something is wrong, you definitely did something.

K

Kevin James Contratto

I know I can't figure out what though. All I did as I said was power down removed my gpu and installed the m2 ssd and then put it all together didn't switch anything I have no idea what I could of done to make my pc not have bios

G

Gerben Feenstra

I doubt this has anything todo with the ssd (which is awesome btw, i have it too). Try repeatedly pressing del and/or F2 when starting your pc. Ultimately might wanna try to hardreset your bios with the switch on the mobo, check the manual for that.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom