Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys, so I got a question. My GPU in my MacBook Pro 2011 is failing (surprise...

A

Austin Bryant

Hey guys, so I got a question. My GPU in my MacBook Pro 2011 is failing (surprise surprise), so I basically have to reflow the GPU. Now I have never had to reflow anything before, but I know how to now. My problem is that I don't know exactly how much heat I need. The melting point of solder is about 188 C based on what I read online. So would a 300W heat gun, that produces temps of 200 C, be fine for the reflowing? Or should I spend a bit more for the 1500W one that does 400 C or 600 C?

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

I would use a little more on a better one, you never know when more heat will come in use.

Also, can't you just bake it? I baked a MacBook Pro once with failing GPU, tin foil around the area you need to reflow and puff it does what it needs to do.

A

Austin Bryant

Actually after looking into it more. I will try it after my new thermal paste and spudger arrive.

C

Cody Dorsey

Don't bother, the 2011 models are the only model with the GPU failure. Even if you do fix it, Its just gonna fail again.

A

Austin Bryant

Yes, but since I need a laptop until I can afford a new one... it's kind of needed.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom