Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys just curious - I only go with pre builts - If you had $2k to spend and we’re...

D

David Barrett

Hey guys just curious - I only go with pre builts -

If you had $2k to spend and we’re going with the smallest form factor pc possible with the most power for that price to handle all games on high or ultra settings what would you get?

I picked up an Alienware Aurora R6 with the optane technology rather than ssd. It has a gtx1070 and the i7-8700 processor.

I paid $1800 for it but it’s a little too large. Any other options?

Some I’m contemplating are -

Msi nightblade
Msi vortex
Asus rog
Msi arctic 3

It has to be small as it will be sitting in an entertainment center and my wife will flip if it’s a large tower

F

Felix Tan

You got ripped off my man.

D

Dillon Black

I know Asus has has some very small ones. I honestly can't recall the specs but there's a few that are basically the size of a console.

F

Finlay Roelofs

> Optane rather than SSD

no ty

M

Mitchel Makkus

You got ripped off hard dude.

A

Alexa Towers

>i7 not a K
>Will be on a Z board because no h/b boards yet

D

David Barrett

It’s my understanding there are a bunch of alienware and pre built haters in the group that despise them both for whatever reason. However a build it yourself isn’t an option for me. Please answer the question I asked or don’t bother commenting.

K

Keyeric Bristol

First of all: Alienware lmao wasted your money no doubt

Two: only prebuilts
Lmao wasted your money no doubts

Three: optane
Lmao wasted

Four: 1800
*The poster of this comment is currently laughing too hard to continue*

L

Liam Walter

lmao if the dude wants to waste money like its nothing then good on him lmao his money not mine.

V

Vincent Dedoyard

"wife will flip if it's a large tower", is it her money too?

But I will actually try to help despite knowing very little about prebuilts. Having googled the ones you listed (ASUS ROG seems to be a series of products, not going through all those), they're really underwhelming given the price tags.

Again it depends on what's required. Game on high/ultra, but what resolution and frame rate are you hoping to achieve? GPU will be the main factor here and probably the most expensive part. From there other parts trickle down and most will fit in a small box. You're probably better off picking parts and having a reputable 3rd party assemble it.

H

Hamza Dag

Did you like this

M

Mike Huffman

Is it necessary to troll the guy into submission? While it is a bit amusing, it also makes our whole community look like 12 year olds.

That said, of what you listed, I would always stick with Asus over the rest of those. Asus tends to be a reliable brand in my personal experience. Good luck.

A

Austin Ramsay

Pc gaming community looking like cancer right now..jesus whats wrong with some of you. Glad you found what you needed man

T

Trevor Smith

Just pay a local shop to build you one... You still get to waste money and get to be a lazy fucker and not do it yourself.

D

Dakota Kasal

Wtf even is optane? Strapping an ssd to an hdd? Sounds worthless.

T

Tyler James

Iv got myself an Msi nightblade. Love it. And it's got a little bit of upgrade room

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom