Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey Guys :) Does anyone of you can help me out here ? I bought the Corsair...

S

Sven Majerus

Hey Guys :)

Does anyone of you can help me out here ?

I bought the Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8gb 3000mhz Ram (cmr16gx4m2c3000c15) before I actually checked the compatibility with the motherboard I was planning to buy (looking at the specs the Asus Rog Strix x370-F Gaming Mobo doesnt support 3000Mhz Ram funny enough)

Now I took a look at the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon and the 2933Mhz is actually listed there and also the MSI Mystic RGB supports the RGB function of the Corsair Ram... Although that exact Ram model is not mentioned in the Mobos ram compatibility list... So now I'm wondering if I should look for another Mobo or if this would work just fine... I'm planning on using R5 1600 as CPU, thats why the Ram speed is so important for me.

Thnks for any help :)

A

Anthony McCauley

3000Mhz is pretty easy with all ram on Ryzen if you're familiar with tinkering and just don't expect for XMP to work. You should be perfectly fine regardless of the motherboard, but the MSI X370 GPC is a good board. I usually ignore the QVC list as it just gives you a general idea of what's compatible and go by what's actually known as good.

S

Sven Majerus

Okay... Considering I'd take the MSI X370 GPC Board, will there be any compatibility issues with my Asus RS 1070?

A

Anthony McCauley

Nope, not at all, very well balanced rig.

S

Sven Majerus

Okay, thank you very much

A

Anthony McCauley

You're welcome, other good choices for a x370 are the Taichi and C6H if you were looking at a few, but the GPC will do. I'm not sure how prices are where you're from.

S

Sven Majerus

For the MSI I'd pay around 140-160 Euro (Around 170-190 USD) which perfectly fits into my budget :)

A

Anthony McCauley

That works, just make sure to update the bios right away as that will help you achieve 3000Mhz on the ram.

S

Sven Majerus

Thats the first thing I wanted to start of anyway, to do all the driver an bios updates.. Thanks alot though, really made it easy for me to decide now :D

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom