Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey everyone, so I have a family member who's having issues with their computer no...

Z

Zane Aiello

Hey everyone, so I have a family member who's having issues with their computer no showing display. She said that the cable that was provided was this one pictured below and the desktop isn't showing any display. I imagine it's because she's running a dual monitor cable VS just a single so it's throwing the monitor in for a loop. Any input? Thanks

M

Mikey Baron

its possible that if they cleared it they didn't keep the drivers for display, although thats dependant on if it uses a GPU for the display or onboard

R

Richard Gooden

The cable pictured is only being used as an adapter, can they not plug the monitor in without using it as to check it?

Z

Zane Aiello

She just said when she went to connect it, the monitor isn't showing any display at all. She will send me a picture later tonight if the entire computer.

A

Achters Tevoren

Does she use the dvi or vga as primary?

C

Chris Kiddell

I mean this in the most genuine way possible, has she checked that it is either plugged in or turned on at the plug? Numerous times I've forgot to flick the switch at the wall socket and then been dumbfounded until I realised my mistake.

G

Gregory Leung

Splitters only duplicate the display twice, for VGA anyway. It won't be able to do two separate displays.

C

Charles Gulotta

So I know at one point Dell used to use a proprietary cable that was a single connector that split the output to dual VGA. It was for a half height video card that would run dual displays, but only had room for a single connector for the back of the card.

Z

Zane Aiello

She will be sending me pictures tonight with the setup and the rear of the PC along with her cable she was given. Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it. I'm sure it's just a simple fix

M

Michael Moran

are you sure she isn't trying to plug both ends of the vga cable into the monitor and computer

C

Chris D Kelly

This is a dell specific adapter for a dell graphics card. There is a primary and secondary have her try both VGAs if she hasn't already

Z

Zane Aiello

She said there is only one spot for the white end of the cable last time she checked on the Desktop. haha. I'm sure she's just confused

S

Sean J. Michelin

Thats for DB59, its not a splitter. Its meant for low profile cards that dont have space for multiple outputs. Tl;dr its not a VGA splitter

S

Sean J. Michelin

Check to see if the proper drivers are in use and not generic ones

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom