Contact advertising [email protected]

Help me decide. I have a AW R3 laptop with a GTX 1070. I was thinking of doing a 24"...

A

Armando Guerra

Help me decide. I have a AW R3 laptop with a GTX 1070. I was thinking of doing a 24" 1080p @ 144hz w/ Gync to pair with it. Now I'm considering doing 1440p gaming instead. So far alot of benchmarks show frames in the 50's - 90's for decent titles. The questions is should I just grab a monitor that has QHD and 60-75hz or Should I look for a 144hz QHD 27" w/ Gsync. Seems like it will never reach 144hz, but the gsync may offer some smooth gameplay at lower fps.
I could also just dish out for it and buy a AW graphics amplifier and run at gtx 1080ti. (way later down the road).

My laptop has HDMI 2.0, dp, and thunderbolt 3

W

Wayne Callar

I had a 1070 in my gaming laptop and whilst it was great when I was content with playing on the native screen, when I went to a 144hz monitor I was trying to squeeze every fps out of it and then ended up running into cooling issues. 1070's in laptops are a great idea but just keep in mind the cpu and gpu temps can get v.hot and limit your performance. Gone to a desktop now and I can let the thing max out both cpu and gpu and it never gets over 70c on a long session

S

Shehryar Toosy

Just bought an Asus PG279Q for my AW 15R3. Cant push anywhere near 144hz but Gsync ensures no tearing smooth gameplay its a glorious experience.

I would recommend you get a 1440p 27” 144hz monitor.

P.S you will need a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable to get Gsync to work on the external monitor with 144hz via the Laptop

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom