S

Sajjad Ahmed

Have some faith in nvidia ☺

D

Dan Medved

Retailers don't have to listen. You peasants will cling to any false hope lol

A

Alexander Wilson

HAH! That's funny... considering they're selling direct to miners themselves in large quantities?

J

Jacob Asher

???????????????? Wccftech. That site is speculation all day. Do you know how manyfree clicks you get by posting bullshit like that?

A

Adam Edmondson

What are they going to require sells associate to ask what you are using it for? “ no mining for me I just have 20 computers that need GPUs”

A

Arnis Vahi

No retailer is going to do this , it's money for them , they wouldn't be in the business if they didn't like to make money.

A

Andrew Cobb

Retailers already limit what they sell, what more can they do??

G

Gregory Leung

It's just the same as telling retailers
Do you want to reduce your profits by 70%?
This shit is not gonna work.

A

Aniko Babos

There are way more avenues for retail than just mining, Gamers buy pc's, build them, buy games, etc etc.The mining is hurting everyone else.

B

Brittan Hill

Ask discovery questions and actually sell. stop just clerking out products. And manufacturers need to build in safe guards so the cards them selves can not mine. Only make 1 or 2 models that are capable and charge extremely high prices. If they want to mine the pay the fine... lol. So at the store lvl actually sell stop clerking and manufacturers need to spend some r&d time and develop a way to make the mainstream cards not able to mine

C

Christopher Anthony Patrick

Even if this was a real release, how in anyone’s mind would they be able to differentiate between them, aside from quantity bought?

C

Chris Metcalfe

this is the shit that is UNACCEPTABLE

T

Tank Demsey

For everyone saying retailers wouldn't do this take into consideration that even though it would drop down profits slightly, the other half of retail is to Not piss off your custemors. I'm a store director at a major outdoors and sports retail chain and we had a problem similar to this. People were buying a specific item because it was very popular and one person would buy 15 of this one item and we would run out extremely quick. So to stop this we put a limit on how much you could buy. Retailers are in the business of making money yes, but you can't do that and puss off the majority of people who spend it for the few who are taking advantage.

K

Kyle Alegre

Welp. I guess I can never afford a graphics card anymore. At least, there's the Ryzen APU coming next month

I bet that is too inefficient for mining in multiple quantities

A

Aditya Hasputra

nvidia > amd

G

Gordon Teo

As someone who builds custom rigs on a commercial basis, what i can say is that i will rather sell complete systems then sell mountains of GPUs

GPUs have shitty margins compared to other PC components (especially for things like chassis, accessories etc).

If i sell all the stock of GPUs i have onhand to miners, i not only make less in terms of profit, i generate bad karma with my primary customer base which are gamers and also all the items which i actually make more decent margins on end up sitting on the shelves collecting dust instead (and which i already paid for)

G

Gordon Teo

Because miners only spend on 2 items, GPUs and PSU. Everything else they will pick the most basic SKU and then attempt to squeeze down the price further.

Try explaining to idiot miners that SGD 75 is a very good deal for a shitass Intel Pentium G4400

A

Alexander Dunaway

GPU's, Nvidia is king. CPU's, AMD is king.

G

Gordon Teo

A friend of mine who works at Zotac's RMA, service and support in Singapore told me of the numerous times miners bring in GPUs and PSUs with charred components, and them spinning many WTF fairy tales as to how their GPUs got in that state (because a lot of OEMs now either void or severely restrict or reduce warranty once they find out it has been used for mining)

R

Romanna Annaliza

I’LL GONNA KILL ALL BOITCOIN MINERS OUT THERE!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom