Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Have a friend with a problem. They bought a Switch second-hand. Everything seemed to...

M

Malachi Somerled

Have a friend with a problem. They bought a Switch second-hand. Everything seemed to work (played games, etc..)
Corrupted Data issue (thinking the update got corrupted)
"Check for corrupted data" and "factory reset" haven't done anything.

Any thoughts?

A

Aubrey Lund

Hmm.. is there a microSD card in there, by chance? If so, try removing or reformatting that?

I took a look on the Nintendo Support forums and the best solution I found for a similar issue was to call Nintendo's support line and have them troubleshoot over the phone (855-877-9099 is the number I see). Not ideal. Hopefully someone else has a good solution here!

O

Olive Hopkins

My game got Corrupted last night on my PlayStation 4 lost everything was playing Terraria was about to beat the last boss fight so devastated

D

Dillon Ray Hoffman

Haven’t heard of anything like this yet. I’ll keep my eye out if I see anything.

K

Kyle MacDonald

Check your friends SD card.

Fake eBay SD cards are programmed to read as the listed capacity, but are oftentimes much smaller and thus lead to corrupt data issues when the console is trying to write to memory addresses that don't exist because the capacity has been fabricated.

B

Benjamin Sullivan

Call Nintendo customer support

J

Jack KH

Do Nintendo employees in customer service know anything about Nintendo products? I have dealt with Sony, Samsung, Microsoft and Apple, their employees have no idea about their products. I always get frustrated. Are Nintendo employees really that different? :)

R

Russell Schaefers

Big reveal, I'm the friend he's referring to.

No SD card in the system as the person I bought it from only had one game and probably didn't even know there was an SD slot.

The system was fully functional when I purchased it, but after I initialized it and updated it to the newest firmware it began crashing every time I try to open the game (Pokken). It immediately gives a "software closed due to an error" message or something to that effect.

I've reinstalled the game multiple times, no use. I also wiped the system again, but due to anti piracy the system will not revert to a previous update so if it's related to the fact that I wasn't terribly close to my router at the time of update nintendo will have to be the ones to correct it.

I did find one way to launch the game. If I delete it and reinstall it, and then select to play it before it's done downloading, it will launch and play fine for one playthrough. Not exactly tolerable.

I've called nintendo, they acted like they've never heard of it before and said to try another game, and then once that doesn't work, send it in.

Of course, having bought it second hand (a decision I now thoroughly regret) I don't have a proof of purchase to have the 1yr factory warranty.

So far this experience has sucked.

M

Michael Roberts

They may repair it without proof of purchase since the switch hasnt been out for a year. Im curious about the pokken game though and if other games will work?

J

Jermaul W

Format and keep save data. That will reset the system to factory, keeping all the saves for there games. Then do a system update once thats done

C

Chad Bankston

Falls under warranty

Send it in

L

Lern A Leśon

Initialize...and start a download game, and dont update untill a consistent WiFi connection

R

Russell Schaefers

Tried a friend's copy of Odyssey. Worked fine until I let it connect to the Internet and download updates.

I'm calling nintendo now to beg for a repair.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom