Contact advertising [email protected]

Does anyone know why In the overwatch world cup tournaments they use the default skins...

L

Logan Young

Does anyone know why In the overwatch world cup tournaments they use the default skins only?

A

Ady Muntean

Maybe they don't play on their accounts, maybe they just play on random accounts named after them (just my thoughts)

N

Nikki Berkhof

So the more casual viewers can distinguish each hero easier.

T

Tommy Attwood

Its to not confuse everything

U

Umair Amir

probably the same as League esports, some skins may have different textures that are hard to see and what not

T

Timothy Aymar

It's too make it as fair as possible so no one's crying about "oh I can't see the character because of the skin Hur duurrr"

M

Marco Eguía

Some skins give an advantage/disadvantage in gameplay so default they go lol

E

Eric Guo

Different skins have slightly different hitboxes.

D

Dusty Crow

Skins totally give a damage boost look at csgo ;)

B

Batur Keskinkiliç

I think it distracts people you know? Ive seen many pros use casual skins of heroes or just the purple or red versions even if they have all of em

S

Seterian Aaya Sakat

Because of voicelines, hitbox/hurtbox, geometry, color...stuff like that. Cosmetics aren't allowed in any high level esports game except csgo I think, which is like knife skins and stuff like that, not character models

H

Henderikus Buisman

cuz they are noobs and never played the game before

S

Sam Ellis

Multiple reasons teams practice against other teams with default skins because 1 everyone has them and 2 it's an easy Base to learn

this means teams are more used to seeing and aiming at certain skins

2 some leagues make you play on new accounts

3 pro players will analyse playstyles so say 2 people on the team play dva and they play her completely differently if the two people swap dva it would throw off the enemy because the playstyle is different
If they had different skins, this wouldn't work because the enemy would notice the change quicker

H

Hector Andres Castellanos

I think is that way so people that is new to the game or is their first time seeing it they will recognize the heroes easily and keep track of whats happening

B

Brandon Whisenhunt

its just because they arent on their accounts. its just default shit

E

Emily Broekhuizen

Because you dont log in to your account if you play the world cup. You play a different version of the game, like the ones they put as demo's on conventions. So it's all basic game stuff

S

Syrian Skye

1. It's a new account so they can't unlock skins.
2. Even if they did, they most likely use the option 'Disable Skin' for 'advantages' for skins. (I know there is still a red line but I've seen other games do things simalar.)

K

Kevin Thurman

They use fresh accounts and also they would want to make sure everyone is on a completely level playing field. Some skins have better colors for certain maps, some have flash objects, etc.

P

Paval Vlad

they use accounts made for the tournament new lv.1 accounts

A

Aswin Fu'ad

coz pple wanna see "skills" not "skins"

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom