Contact advertising [email protected]

Do I really need a antistatic wrist strap and mat. My teacher says I do but then I see...

T

Troy Davis

Do I really need a antistatic wrist strap and mat. My teacher says I do but then I see Jay2Cents go at it without one

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

No, no you don't.

I've put many pcs together no issues at all, put together on carpets sofas (My fav to do on) So on no strap or anything.

T

Thomas Dominy

Jayztwocents has antistatic flooring and probably where's one on his ankle connected to the table

C

Chris Steezmour-Fussell

No you don't, to be safe, mount psu in case, plug psu into the wall, keep psu off, periodically touch your case as you instal your components. I've done it in shag carpet with socks on without issues. People that say otherwise probably wear tin foil hats

R

Richard Philips

not these days

D

Dennis Barbier

Ive never really used one in 20 years, and never zapped anything. Just dont be stupid about things.

R

Richard Philips

there was a time when ram was quite sensative to static ages ago

N

Neil Welch

Teachers are supposed to say that, but honestly just don't be stupid about it. It's harder to kill things with ESD than a lot of people think.

N

Neil Welch

I only bought an antistatic mat when I started my business- I don't think it has changed a single thing for me other than being able to lay motherboards straight onto my table without worrying as much- even though I still don't prefer to do that as much as I prefer just putting it on the box for the mobo.

C

Charles McClure

I never worried about it and all my builds were fine just shuffle around the carpet in your socks and then touch everything

N

Neil Welch

Always ground yourself on the case before you touch valuable components, that's the only real thing you have to know.

B

Blake Dalenko

You don't but I normally do just to be safe even tho with the parts now adays its very rare it happens

B

Blake Dalenko

You will see jay two cents tapping the case alot to ground himself

P

Peter Quinn

No, you don't.

E

Emmett Murphy

No i dont

P

Peter Quinn

I've got an IP35 and Q6600 here, if I remember tomorrow, I'll rub the bare CPU on the carpet, on my clothes, and the motherboard on the carpet, then boot the pc :)

P

Peter Quinn

Also:

B

Bryan Bushong

In the winter you may want one.

T

Trevor Devine

I mean, I would use one. But that's just me. I know what static can do, and I prefer wear anti esd stuff. But you could probably get away without one as long as you're smart and careful.

W

Will Anthony Pellicci

No.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom