Contact advertising [email protected]

Because of temp issues im gonna swap cpu( 7700k ), my 3 choices atm is i7 7800X, i7...

C

Christer Bærø

Because of temp issues im gonna swap cpu( 7700k ), my 3 choices atm is i7 7800X, i7 7740X og ryzen 1700X. But im not sure what the best upgrade will be. Any suggestions?

M

Michael Andrew D Steedman

Why what happen to your CPU man ?

J

Joe Jones

^

M

Michael Andrew D Steedman

Yeah like I know it's over heating dont you have like a water cooler ?

B

Ben Percy Ward

De lid it man. I dropped over 15c of my 4790k with and extra 300mhz overclock. I'm now running at 4.9ghz @ 1.34v and barely ever see temps in the 60s and even under 100% load it sits about 65c with an AIO. I bought the Rockit 88 and re lid kit, worth every cent.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

C

Christer Bærø

Ive got full custom loop from ekwb now, still spiking 90c in idle and the soike and high temps while gaming cuts all my power. I was gonna delid, but looking for a upgrade instead

J

Joe Jones

Did you check thermal paste coverage?

A

Ahmed Emara

7780X

T

Tracie West

That's odd. I've got the 7700k and I don't go over 70c at 100% with an h100i v2 cooler. Is it oc?

C

Christer Bærø

Yeah i got oc but the spiking problem is there either way, but not all 7700ks have this issue, some just got bad thermalpaste inside.

D

David Quinn

1700 nonx

C

Christer Bærø

Why does all say non X? Isnt X better ? Like the K in intell series?

R

Robert James Wharton

Ryzen 7 1700, you get a cooler and from what I've been seeing, no matter what R7 chip you get, they all OC more or less the same

M

Micky Bottoms

ryzen if you don't want temp issues

J

Jarrod Paul Matthews

Fan boys on both side of the fence here. I haven't tried the new ryzen chips myself as i run an old stock speed i7 4770 but everything i have read says go for an 1700 or 1700x Ryzen and even if you OC it with water cooling if it will still be cooler

G

Grant Reed

I run an i7-4790k , but my brother bought the 1700 and we have tested them extensively. The 1700 is about 25% faster than mine, cool as can be and is a real performer at a GREAT price.

C

Chris Tingman

Ryzen is the best bet but unfortunately you will need a new mobo as well

M

Marcus Antonio Lopez

Delid it and get 15C lower temps man

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom